Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly
    4. Earbuds, and sometimes jus out the back speaker of the Treo, pretty decent sound
    I think the back speaker is completely underrated. I've used it plenty of times....like when hangin' out at the beach with no tunes. Oh wait, Treo saves the day again.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by TriangleRocks
    From another forum I frequent, the resident headphone expert recommended Sennheiser 497 headphones. I bought a pair, and I agree with him, they are phenomenal, for the price. Currently Amazon has them for, cough, $42.88.....
    I had no idea there were so many good headphones in the $50 range. I just don't know which ones to buy - these 497s seem pretty good though if they happen to fit my head. I wish Amazon had brick & mortar stores...they'd have to take over Wal-Mart and add even more room.
    Anybody tried the Motorola HT820? I'd be interested in it if it was able to play music from PocketTunes and answer calls. Anyone know if this is possible? Here's a link to this little gadget:
    http://www.expansys-usa.com/product....artner=froogle
  4.    #24  
    That's totally in the wrong place, essay. But no bluetooth headphones/headset you find will be able to directly play music - just a limitation of 1.1. I think the iMuffs will work, but that's because you have to add a rather large attachment to the headphone jack of the Treo. Kinda defeats the purpose of bluetooth, dunnit?

These headphones could be the same way...it does say it has a 3.5mm jack...did you try searching the TreoCentral forums and Google?? I'm sure you're bound to find a couple answers in those 2 spots.
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    I use realplayer.. music in mp3 from cd's and a few downloaded.
    Standard headset with Headcold so I can talk through the speakerphone and hear through the headset.
    2.5 to 3.5 mm adapter (also using headcold) to an fm transmitter in the car for speakerphone and music through the car stereo.

All works for me!
    1. CDs and formerly WinMX/Napster (haven't gotten any new music in ages)
    2. Ptunes
    3. Ogg (converted from mp3 with dbPowerAmp on Windows which is free)
    4. Sony earbuds (MDR-EX71) with the cheap radio shack adapter, and sometimes just out the back speaker of the Treo when running. Used to have the noise cancelling Sony's which were nice too until I left them on a plane in DFW
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    3. Ogg (converted from mp3 with dbPowerAmp on Windows which is free)
    I thought dbPowerAmp was shareware. I must have gotten confused when I saw that the MP3 encoder is what you need to pay for. Oh, lucky me!
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    4. Sony earbuds (MDR-EX71) with the cheap radio shack adapter, and sometimes just out the back speaker of the Treo when running. Used to have the noise cancelling Sony's which were nice too until I left them on a plane in DFW
    How do you like the EX71s?? Good quality? Good build? Comfortable?

I think I'm either going with the EX71s or possibly those Seinnheiser earbuds. The Sony earbuds are prolly better, but I might get the Seinnheisers instead because it'll save me like $5 if I plan on getting the Seinnheiser HD-497 headphones.
    My own collection
    ptunes
    ogg
    sure ac4 ( on the way), casette adpator when driving
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    (1) From where do you buy/steal your music (classic cds,itunes,napster,real,yahoo,bittorrent,p2p)?
    (2) What app do you use for audio (aeroplayer,ptunes,real)?
    (3) What format is your music stored in (mp3,aac,wma,ogg,rax)?
    (4) What type of output setup/speakers do you have/use (headphones,earbuds,headset,hybrid,car cradle)?
    1: From CD's we already own -- I raid my wife's Jukebox.

2: Currently real, but I've been looking at ptunes.

3: Everything is ripped to mp3.

4: Seidio 2-n-1 Back Phones -- I'd rather have Bt headphones, but ...
    Also, I've recently been looking for a cradle/speaker option for my desk at work.

[splicer]
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by splicer
    Also, I've recently been looking for a cradle/speaker option for my desk at work.
    If you don't use a case, you could use this cradle from ebay...otherwise, you're only option is the innodock cradle.
    Quote Originally Posted by TriangleRocks
    From another forum I frequent, the resident headphone expert recommended Sennheiser 497 headphones. I bought a pair, and I agree with him, they are phenomenal, for the price. Currently Amazon has them for, cough, $42.88.....
    Are these adjustable? From looking at their website it doesn't look like you can adjust them around the head.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    30 gb cowon x5 with shure E4c earphones.
    One word ...Heaven.
  13. Drv
    I've been experimenting with an open source webserver with built in ftp. (Xerver). I can surf my mp3 files on my HD at home, and click on the file and download to realplayer, save and play on the card. Kinda cool having access to a TON of files without having all of them on the Treo itself. Looking for a server program that will stream them to my phone next. That would be killer to stream them. This of course is Bill Gates big vision for the future of computing anyhow, to have your data available on any device. More bandwidth then will equate to doing video as well. Anyone got any suggestions for a server/client solution for mp3s over the GSM network?

Oh Yeah, the answers...

#1 Bittorrent or my fileserver for mp3 source.
    #2 Realplayer for playback app.
    #3 mp3.. most universal, DRM go home!
    #4 mostly use it in my cars.. Dodge Dakota w/Polk audio speakers, Pontiac Fiero GT with Kenwood/Alpine. Mackie HR824 active studio monitors at home. Homemade 3.5mm adapter to cassette adapter in Dodge, direct input on Alpine.

Dr V
    Quote Originally Posted by Drv
    ...Looking for a server program that will stream them to my phone next. That would be killer to stream them...Anyone got any suggestions for a server/client solution for mp3s over the GSM network?....

Dr V
    Try a Shoutcast Server (Windows/Mac/FreeBSD/Solaris/Linux):
    http://www.shoutcast.com/download/serve.phtml

-or-

SlimServer (Windows/Mac/Linux):
    http://www.slimdevices.com/pi_features.html

-or-

Gloonet (Windows/Mac):
    http://www.gloonet.com/download.php
    (1) From where do you buy/steal your music?

Personal CD collection and Edonkey

(2) What app do you use for audio?

Pocket Tunes Deluxe

(3) What format is your music stored in?

WMA, MP3 and shoutcast streams...

(4) What type of output setup/speakers do you have/use?

Sony $20 stereo headphones, rear speaker, desktop speakers, FM transmitter, etc...
    (1) From where do you buy/steal your music (classic cds,itunes,napster,real,yahoo,bittorrent,p2p)?
    RIPPING MY OWN CD'S, DIGITALLY RIPPING MY OLD LP's, REAL RHAPSODY (minimal), FRIENDS (for the obscure unavailable music), RIPPING OFF STREAMING RADIO STATIONS.

pTunes Deluxe, Real, TCPMP

mp3, ogg, aac, mp4, etc.

(4) What type of output setup/speakers do you have/use (headphones,earbuds,headset,hybrid,car cradle)?
    Seidio 2-in-1 headphones, Monsoon speakers at home, recording studio mixer
    Here's what I've tried out:

I used to use RealPlayer/Real Music Store so I could listen to both ripped music and purchased music. I recently switched to MSNMusic with Media Player.

All the music store sites seem to have the same catalog with a few exceptions...Songs I couldn't find on one site, I wasn't able to find on the other ones either and vice versa (most likely due to the artist and/or label).

So, I ended up picking the music store that had the best features for the Treo. Which leads to #2:

Used RealPlayer for Palm, but recently switched to Pocket Tunes v3.

In my opinion, PTunes has better features with BOTH the handheld app and desktop integration; the syncing of playlists with the desktop WMP is similar to an iPod with iTunes. It's obviously slower than using a card-reader, but I like the option of getting both the songs and the playlists sync'ed up.

So far, it's the best Desktop-Handheld integration I've seen with a Treo.

If you don't need the fancy extras (eq, syncing, etc.), RealPlayer is still not bad...especially since it's already on the 650.

mp3 and wma for purchased music.

I currently use the crappy "right-angle" audio adapter. The sound is good... but it's kind of bulky. Looking at perhaps buying the Palm Hybrid so I don't need any other headsets or adapters.

For the car, I use a poor mans car kit : The Seidio InnoDock cradle gizmo hooked into my stereo via a cassette adapter. I could eliminate the whole cradle and just use the cables, but I like the cleaner look of hiding all of the cables and just being able to plug in the treo and go.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12