1.    #1  
    I have installed tomtom 5 , and i am not able to connect with gps recever 9553
    The board will probably need more info to help. Did you first set up the GPS receiver as a trusted device with your Treo and follow all instructions indicated for doing so that came with the GPS device? At what point is there an issue in the setup process in TomTom? ... The more detail you provide, the more likely it is that others will have suggestions.
  3.    #3  
    Think you,
    In first, I tested GPS with pda (Treo650) and it is well recognised by bluetooth
    second, I test with navigator palm, and I received 5 to 7 sats.
    third I open tomtom5, and gone to "Pref". I tryed with GPS bluetooth: nothing, and with "other Nmea cabled", and nothing too.
    Please elaborate on the difference between "navigator" and "TomTom 5". I'm not sure if your referring to two applications or the same application.

Did you set up the bluetooth device as a trusted device?

Have you launched TomTom Navigator 5 since going to preferrences and indicating other bluetooth device?
    CRP
    Have the same headache. MAJOR problems upgrading from '04 (life was good) to TT5. !st, had perfect Nav. with BT-338, but no voices. Now, I have voices, but no BT-338 guidance (no GPS).

I have tried most uninstall / reinstall suggestions found here @ TC, but am slooooowly reconsidering cigarettes again (not). Am at the point where I just want my trusty '04 back, but can't seem to delete all files necessary to achieve a 'clean' install of '04. Keep getting 'contacts navigator' in the mix after re-set. After deleting all files I could find, I even re-flashed 1.12 (Sprint), in hopes I could start with a fresh slate.

On PC (palm/user), I have deleted anything to do with cn, data0*, et al.
    Even set hotsync to 'desktop overrides handheld'.

The only thing I see on t650 to delete is 'Contacts Navigation' 439k.

WHAT AM I MISSING?
    I don't really need TT5's bells and whistles, but, hey, I paid for the upgrade ($5us) and I want it! .......the sound of a crying child..............

(and no, 'INSULTION', I don't need your critique, I have been a Palm user for way too long.)

eyes are getting heavy, oh so heavy .... am slowly going to put my head down now .... will throw the offensive tool into the trash bin .... Oh S**t, that's my phone!
    Last edited by ParkerLtng; 08/09/2005 at 12:22 AM.
  6.    #6  
    I tried navigator palm, one appli, to check if connection is good with tre BR receiver. and it is.
    then I tried tomtom, and no connction possible
    Just a quickie ..Can I use TomTom5 with any gps device paired to my treo650 ?
    Quote Originally Posted by lufcmattylad
    Just a quickie ..Can I use TomTom5 with any gps device paired to my treo650 ?
    Any bluetooth GPS with NMEA 0183v2 GPS standards should work with TomTom 5. See the TomTom support site and search for NMEA for more information.
    Quote Originally Posted by ParkerLtng
    CRP
    Have the same headache. MAJOR problems upgrading from '04 (life was good) to TT5. !st, had perfect Nav. with BT-338, but no voices. Now, I have voices, but no BT-338 guidance (no GPS).

I have tried most uninstall / reinstall suggestions found here @ TC, but am slooooowly reconsidering cigarettes again (not). Am at the point where I just want my trusty '04 back, but can't seem to delete all files necessary to achieve a 'clean' install of '04. Keep getting 'contacts navigator' in the mix after re-set. After deleting all files I could find, I even re-flashed 1.12 (Sprint), in hopes I could start with a fresh slate.

On PC (palm/user), I have deleted anything to do with cn, data0*, et al.
    Even set hotsync to 'desktop overrides handheld'.

The only thing I see on t650 to delete is 'Contacts Navigation' 439k.

WHAT AM I MISSING?
    I don't really need TT5's bells and whistles, but, hey, I paid for the upgrade ($5us) and I want it! .......the sound of a crying child..............

(and no, 'INSULTION', I don't need your critique, I have been a Palm user for way too long.)

eyes are getting heavy, oh so heavy .... am slowly going to put my head down now .... will throw the offensive tool into the trash bin .... Oh S**t, that's my phone!
    Try deleting all TomTom backups in your palm directory, any TomTom folders on the PC, and any TomTom conduits. Delete all TomTom applications from your Treo and soft reset the Treo. When installing, install the application, voices, and maps before the initial hotsync. Beyond that, perhaps TomTom will be able to provide an answer.
    Thanks again Katway,
    I finally got it up (and running). Strictly by fortunate misfortune! See other post.
    Your input is valued!
    M. Parker
    how did you get it to work

when i connect it i keep getting the message in tomtom that "gps was lost x seconds ago"

please help
    Kalyu18,

Just caught your question. I cannot tell you the exact cause of this problem. Perhaps someone has a more definitive answer. After 2 mos., I will try to retrace my earlier steps. I don't know if they would be repeatable today.?.?.?....

My setup is;
    t650, sprint (1.12fw)
    TomTom 5 (not 5.12 - because I'm 'chicken').
    BT338 (which I am led to believe is similar to TT's unit).

My final successful steps;
    Fire up TT (not GPS) and go to 'change preferences'.
    In 'show gps status', select 'config', select 'other bt gps', done.
    Shut down TT.

Fire up your bt sat rcvr and wait for position lock (on my bt338, this is a blinking green light).
    Start up TT and go for a drive. After about 2 minutes, my 650 sounded that wonderful BT chime (ok, here goes.... du, Do, DOO). When the pairing screen appears on the Treo, type 0000 (or whatever your rcvr manual says).
    This was what worked for me and has been rock solid since.

Good luck and keep your wits. TT has caused more than enough consternation for treo users, but is worth the hassle when up and running. Just keep in mind, the bt gps rcvr must always be on and 'locked' before starting TT.

M.

Sorry I missed this (et) earlier. BON CHANCE !
    Last edited by ParkerLtng; 10/24/2005 at 10:58 PM.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    I figured out the solution. Here's the settings you need to use to get TomTom6 working:

GGA=1
    GLL=0
    GSA=0
    GSV=0
    RMC=0
    VTG=1
    MSS=0
    USR8=1
    USR9=1
    USR10=1

Set them using the Leadtek navigator app. First connect to the device then select "NMEA", and fill in the appropriate numbers. Then press "OK", disconnect and start TomTom.