1.    #1  
    Hi! Anyone used any of the above mentioned car kits? The CK3300 is the one that interests me the most, but very few sell it and it is hard to find anyone around here (Hartford, CT) that sells and installs. Best, M
    Just do a search for 3300 Parrot on this forum. Someone posted info about installing it, I took my parrot to the stereo installer guy in the corner and he installed it. We ran into 2 problems at first but if you visit the website for parrot they have a phone number for tech support, that guy helped us out and my parrot works.

G0THIKE
    At this time, until Palm update the GSM unlocked the 3300 is only working with Sprint users. With all other users the handsfree will not stay connected for longer than 30 seconds. The GPS will work but you cannot have them both at the same time. Hope that helps.
    just wanted to add that not being "connected" to the parrot only precludes you from seeing your battery strength and signal strength on the parrot display. The call or the handsfree part will not "disconnect" you in the middle of a call. The connected and disconnected status of the parrot just describes the "background data" link between your phone and the car kit.

you can still use the handsfree portion and it works well. if you dial out on the Treo, the kit will automagically pick up and call and connect to the phone. it will also happen if you dial from the parrot unit.

I ran my parrot this way for about 6 months with my sprint treo 650 until the update which enabled continous connectivity
    Last edited by car_designer; 08/05/2005 at 05:39 PM.
    car_designer
    Visor Deluxe-->Treo 600-->650 cameraless-->700P-->755P cameraless conversion -->Treo 800W + Celio Redfly all on Sprint
    Parrot ck-3300 handsfree + BT GPS
  5.    #5  
    I am going to have Verizon so is it unwise to buy the kit now? Also, which GPS software has been working? I see that Tom Tom is not going so well. Best. M
    Will any of the Parrot Kits allow music to be played from the Treo through the car sound system?

Will H.
    I am going to have Verizon so is it unwise to buy the kit now? Also, which GPS software has been working? I see that Tom Tom is not going so well. Best. M

regardless if the parrot kit "connects" to your Treo or not, it is still the best handsfree kit on the market (IMHO). The sound quality is great. I would suggest buying it now and using it, and then being plesantly suprised with future updates that allow you to use moe kit features.

tom tom works great with the treo 650. it is widely regarded as the best nav solution for the treo 650. the only bummer is that it does not recognize the bluetooth GPS built in the parrot ck-3300. it is supposedly working with the latest sprint and parrot updates on the sprint treo now.

hope this helps
    Last edited by car_designer; 08/05/2005 at 05:36 PM.
    car_designer
    Visor Deluxe-->Treo 600-->650 cameraless-->700P-->755P cameraless conversion -->Treo 800W + Celio Redfly all on Sprint
    Will any of the Parrot Kits allow music to be played from the Treo through the car sound system?
    unfortunately, no
    Last edited by car_designer; 08/05/2005 at 05:37 PM.
    car_designer
    I've got a better handsfree kit setup...costs between $70-80....comes with a cradle to charge your phone, plays all audio over your car speakers - both the caller's voice & AUDIO!!!!

It's not bluetooth, but it works great. I just have to figure out how to mount it and "disguise" the wires". There were a few more wires than I expected.

I'll be posting instructions in a few hours.
    I will only say this one more time... with the GSM unlocked Treo 650, the Parrot Ck3300 WILL NOT answer or make calls if you are using the Tomtom navigator 5 GPS through the bluetooth on the Parrot! The 'disconnected' really does mean that the phone is disconnected, it does not mean that it will stop GPS and then answer a call, the problem being that the 650 only recognises ONE BT connection at a time and although Parrot claim that it should work with this phone IT WILL NOT do so until PALM sort out their BT the same way they sorted the Sprint BT at their request. So far Palm DO NOT support the 3300 and again I shall repeat myself and ask anyone who is interested to FLAME Palm to get this sorted or we are all buying an advanced car kit that might as well be a simple GPS system because the phone application will not stay connected using BT no mater what you do... and if you are using GPS with the Parrot I asure you, you cannot use a GSM mobile handsfree with this kit at the same time...
    So PLEASE send your complaints to PALM as we are all awaiting a FIX

I can also asure you that the BT DOES work with Tomtom nav 5... please disregard Parrot and Tomtoms advice to use the 'Other cable NMEA GPS' if you are already updated to the Parrot 4.11 version you should use the 'Other Bluetooth GPS' setting in the configure menu as that works perfectly with the 650 and 3300 once you pair the devices.
    Last edited by scudder; 08/06/2005 at 05:19 PM.