Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 46
  1. Wink40's Avatar
    Posts
    104 Posts
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
       #1  
    I love Kmaps -- despite the size. But I can't get it to work, all I get back is "No Match Found", even for searches that I know work. Anybody else?
  2. #2  
    I'm interested in checking out K-Maps. However, I believe Java also needs to be installed, which is a huge 3MB app. Does Java have to reside within the Treo internal memory? Or can it reside on the SD card? Can someone explain the Java requirement in detail please. Thanks, CC.
  3. #3  
    Wink40, are you using 1.0.1? If not, download it from www.alealea.com

    Casey, Java is not actually that big..it's more like 1.6mb from what I can see. It has to run in RAM but Kmaps can be on the card.

    You need to install J9JavaVMMidp20.prc and JavaVMCheck_enUS.prc
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  4. Wink40's Avatar
    Posts
    104 Posts
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
       #4  
    I am using the version dated July 2005. I can't find a version file in the help menu. I'll take a look. Thanks.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Wink40
    I am using the version dated July 2005. I can't find a version file in the help menu. I'll take a look. Thanks.
    Same here and I'm getting the same message on searches I know have worked in the past.
  6. Wink40's Avatar
    Posts
    104 Posts
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
       #6  
    I had an older version of Kmaps. I uninstalled Kmaps, installed all of the .prc files from www.alealea.com. I then did a couple of searches. The first few timed-out. The last two worked perfectly.
  7. #7  
    Okay, I downloaded the new program and now get an error message that says:

    Java Error
    javax.microedition.io.file.fil
    eConnection

    I had KMaps working before with the Java I downloaded. What am I doing wrong?
  8. #8  
    Anyone having trouble with KMaps 1.6 and the latest Java VM from IBM (downloaded via Palm site)? I'm getting all sorts of Java.lang error messages and no searches or maps will work. Fresh install on a clean Treo 650. Anyone else seeing this?
  9. #9  
    I'm having trouble with it too. Clean install on a 650. Version 1.6 with the latest Java VM from IBM. I can search from the contacts list but if I try to manually enter an address or try to enter a default location in setup, as soon as I hit the space bar it causes a crash and reboot. The program author used to be so responsive to his customers but I wrote him about this a week and a half ago AND posted the problem on his website but have received no support. I'm just going to uninstall the stuff, soon, until the bugs have been worked out.
  10. Wink40's Avatar
    Posts
    104 Posts
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
       #10  
    I got my to work after a couple of trys. I am having a reset problem when I use the previous searches.
    ...can prevent unnecessary threads.
  11. #11  
    I haven't tried KMaps with the latest IBM VM. Will give it a shot and see what the whole thing is about. I am not sure what Java update was about. Also, you should take the latest version from www.alealea.com. July version doesn't work, since Google has changed their interfaces few months ago...
  12. #12  
    There are 2 prc files coming with KMaps.prc. You are missing fileconnect.prc. It can't be installed on SD card...

    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG
    Okay, I downloaded the new program and now get an error message that says:

    Java Error
    javax.microedition.io.file.fil
    eConnection

    I had KMaps working before with the Java I downloaded. What am I doing wrong?
  13. #13  
    How much memory do you have on your Treo? I think that simple unisnstall may help... Delete KMaps, reinstall Java and install KMAps again, but in internal memory rather than on SD. Once you get it to work you may think of moving to SD...

    Quote Originally Posted by DiverGuy
    I'm having trouble with it too. Clean install on a 650. Version 1.6 with the latest Java VM from IBM. I can search from the contacts list but if I try to manually enter an address or try to enter a default location in setup, as soon as I hit the space bar it causes a crash and reboot. The program author used to be so responsive to his customers but I wrote him about this a week and a half ago AND posted the problem on his website but have received no support. I'm just going to uninstall the stuff, soon, until the bugs have been worked out.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by imitrovic
    How much memory do you have on your Treo? I think that simple unisnstall may help... Delete KMaps, reinstall Java and install KMAps again, but in internal memory rather than on SD. Once you get it to work you may think of moving to SD...
    I had already tried those exact steps, in that order, before posting the problem. Didn't help. Tried it again today. Again didn't help. I can see where it has potential. I've just decided not to use it. Unfortunate.
  15. #15  
    Just an FYI, I also tried the uninstall both KMaps and the new IBM VM. Same exact problem though unfortunately. All of my PRC's were installed to RAM as usual with the Palm install tool and Hotsync. All "issues" I'm having are Java related errors. Can't bring up any maps or anything else. No "IO" related error messages on my side.

    Has anyone else gotten KMaps working with a recent (<1wk ago) download of the IBM VM from Palm's site?

    Adam
  16. #16  
    Sorry to say, I haven't been able to get it to work with my Treo yet.
    I have been installing, deleting and re-installing the IBM JVM and then Kmaps to my phone and then when I try and register each time I do I get this message:
    "javax.microedition.io.ConnectionNotFoundException:Host lookup failed: www.alealea.com-buffer too small (0x120D)"
  17. #17  
    just installed KMaps 1.6 and get the following error during launch:

    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
    at com.ibm.oti.security.midp.PermissionManager.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at com.ibm.oti.security.midp.PermissionManager.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at javax.microedition.lcdui.AppManager.setSecurity(Unknown Source)
    at javax.microedition.lcdui.AppManager.launch(Unknown Source)
    at javax.microedition.lcdui.AppManager.main(Unknown Source)
  18. #18  
    j9secpol was missing after I installed Kmaps. I re-installed j9secpol and kmaps is working again. However, when I select from contacts, the treo resets everytime. Anyone else with this problem and any solutions?
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    j9secpol was missing after I installed Kmaps. I re-installed j9secpol and kmaps is working again. However, when I select from contacts, the treo resets everytime. Anyone else with this problem and any solutions?
    I get the same reset w/ contact search. I have not found a solution yet.
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
  20. #20  
    KMaps 1.6.5 is now available. KMaps now integrates into www.eventful.com local events database providing 100s events for the selected location (Location Services - > Events Around). KMaps 1.6.5 has also added Local Weather Location Service (Location Services -> Weather). Other improvements include significantly faster search...

    By the way, I have tested with new IBM VM and everything works fine...

    There is PIMPrefs.prc that is bundled with Java. If you experience crash while looking the address from contacs you may want to try to install this prc. You will get new option in Prefs - IBM PIM Prefs. Enter and select "Read and Write". That may help although I am not sure... I have no iddues pulling addresses from contacts...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions