Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 46
  1. #21  
    Okay, folks, I've started from scratch again and installed the latest JVM from Palm's website as well as Kmaps 1.6.5. Good news, all worked fine this time. No idea what happened before, or perhaps something in 1.6.5 did the trick. Thanks imitrovic.

    Adam
  2. #22  
    cheers

    Quote Originally Posted by adamt
    Okay, folks, I've started from scratch again and installed the latest JVM from Palm's website as well as Kmaps 1.6.5. Good news, all worked fine this time. No idea what happened before, or perhaps something in 1.6.5 did the trick. Thanks imitrovic.

    Adam
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by imitrovic

    There is PIMPrefs.prc that is bundled with Java. If you experience crash while looking the address from contacs you may want to try to install this prc. You will get new option in Prefs - IBM PIM Prefs. Enter and select "Read and Write". That may help although I am not sure... I have no iddues pulling addresses from contacts...
    This seems to be the issue. I get a reset everytime I select this option in prefs.

    Could it be that Java is not working properly with new Cingular 1.17 update?

    I have reinstalled Java and KMaps several times, and still getting resets when searching from contacts.

    Is anyone w/ Cing 1.17 update working???
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
  4. #24  
    I found exactly the same problem after updating to Cingular 1.17. Starting Kmaps immediately resets the Treo; starting the Java prefs does the same.

    I love Kmaps and am currently considering going back to 1.15 until this is resolved.
  5. #25  
    After some more research on my Kmaps/JavaVM/1.17 problem I found a post in another thread from horatio8 indicating he had to re-install the Java VM after the 1.17 upgrade. I tried that (didn't bother to delete the existing Java files) and everything is working.

    I also found a FAQ on the Palm support site that states you have to reinstall the Java VM after a hard reset.
  6. #26  
    I'll post this to Wiki. Thanks for posting!
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by dthoms
    After some more research on my Kmaps/JavaVM/1.17 problem I found a post in another thread from horatio8 indicating he had to re-install the Java VM after the 1.17 upgrade. I tried that (didn't bother to delete the existing Java files) and everything is working.

    I also found a FAQ on the Palm support site that states you have to reinstall the Java VM after a hard reset.
    If you have backed up with Resco Explorer, the Java VM will be appropriately restored. No need to reinstall.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  8. #28  
    I have installed KMaps 1.6.5 for the first time (along with Java), but everytime I try to get directions I get the message oops! java.lang.StringIndentOfBoundsException after receiving about 25000 bytes. This only occurs when trying to get directions; looking at maps for individual places works fine as does the local search. Any ideas? I tried reinstalling everything several times.
  9. #29  
    me too!!! Just noticed this!!! Help!

    On a side note, 1.6.5 is sooo nice!
  10. puyi's Avatar
    Posts
    296 Posts
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    #30  
    I'm confirming I get this problem with directions also.

    Quote Originally Posted by computer1451
    I have installed KMaps 1.6.5 for the first time (along with Java), but everytime I try to get directions I get the message oops! java.lang.StringIndentOfBoundsException after receiving about 25000 bytes. This only occurs when trying to get directions; looking at maps for individual places works fine as does the local search. Any ideas? I tried reinstalling everything several times.
  11. T-ulk's Avatar
    Posts
    414 Posts
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    #31  
    I do get the similar now famous "opps!" error...btw very cool application
  12. puyi's Avatar
    Posts
    296 Posts
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    #32  
    Ivan the developer responded to my e-mail, "Directions are broken now. We are working on it" or something to that effect. BTW, he responded within 24 hours. I used the "Contact Us" link on alealea.com.
  13. #33  
    as i said in another thread, this happened once before and ivan was right on the case. something changed on the google end that broke kmaps.

    i'm sure he'll get it fixed soon.
  14. #34  
    Does anybody hav v1.5 that I could use until 1.6.5 gets fixed? vrosetta@gmail.com
  15. #35  
    Last version very buggy, I unistalled.
  16. #36  
    Is Kmaps supposed to provide turn by turn text driving directions or have I missed something?

    Thanks

    Marv
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by marvw
    Is Kmaps supposed to provide turn by turn text driving directions or have I missed something?

    Thanks

    Marv
    Nope. Kmaps just calls on Google Maps' directions the same way it calls on the maps themselves.

    But apparently some change on the Google end has broken Kmaps ability to generate directions on the Treo.

    Since I use it all the time, I hope it gets fixed soon. Before the buyout, this would have been patched very quickly.
  18. #38  
    Google definately made some changes. I can't even get maps to work in Mozilla anymore, despite having the most up-to-date version.
  19. #39  
    Any new news on the Kmaps directions problems? Have not seen anything on the forums regarding this.

    Marv
  20. #40  
    BUMP....still have the problem.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions