Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi my first post, was generated from another old post I saw on the 300 forum.

I have been using the built in mailer but wanted something that would use attachements so went for snapper, but it doesn't work intuitively as i would like.

Can anyone recommend another mailer that allows attachments for treo 650

thanks
    http://www.macmend.com
    the home of mac troubleshooting
    Chatter. Do a search on it.
    For imap e-mail access, SnapperMail is excellent.
    snappermail for basic email needs - no push though
    Chatter!!!!!!!
    Chatter
    Sprint Treo 700wx on Minneapolis network
    HDTV event and product coverage with industry interviews at TechnologyEvangelist.com
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    I am a snappermail user that has been using Chatter for approx a week and will certainly buying the program its great, No contest

No loosing filed items , push mail is fantastic and a developer who seems to works incredibly hard at getting it right.
    Quote Originally Posted by mhzimmer
    For imap e-mail access, SnapperMail is excellent.
    But Chatter is better
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Chatter, Snapper, Chatter, Snapper
    Oh please tell me does it really matter?
    Every E-mail program,
    On the 650 really sucks man.

Why is Versamail always the latter?
    Is it really weaker,
    or is just the lack of functions bleaker?

Why wouldn't you search if it really mattered
    Before you p!$$ off Insertion
    Then we have to listen to him verbatim.

Thank You, Thank you very much. http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...es/biggrin.gif
    Last edited by TheLiveSoundGuy; 08/04/2005 at 11:11 AM.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    Why is Versamail always the latter?
    Is it really weaker, or is just the lack of functions so much bleaker?

Thank You, Thank you very much. http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...es/biggrin.gif

At first Versamail was very unstable for most. However, I find 3.1B very stable. In addition, there is a 2MB download limit (not an issue for me). I like how Versamail has tighter integrated with the OS. That is to say, Versamail provides notifications in the phone and calendar apps (I think this us unique to Versa), better contacts integration (autocomplete), and background email checking (Snapper doesn't do this). Versamail is also FREE!

Have Fun
    Another big vote for Chatter here (which incidentally also has an excellent autocomplete function).
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Snapper User for 2 years and a recent convert to the easy and simple and FAST ChatterEmail!
    Another vote for Chatter. You won't find a better program.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    This is not even close...Chatter by a mile over any other Treo email app.
    CHATTER - Works perfectly with Exchange 2003 IMAP4.

SUPER FAST!!!
    Is there any Treo email program which performs heavy-duty automatic filtering into multiple mail folders the way that (e.g.) Eurora does on Macs & PCs?

The attachment illustrates some of what Eudora can do in this regard, e.g. permitting filtering on a combination of two conditions. Since the "Incoming" checkbox is checked, this particular filter is activated when a matching message is received by Eudora from the POP server.

I'm on way too many mailing lists to wade through my inbox on my Treo without this sort of auto-filtering.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jae_63
    Is there any Treo email program which performs heavy-duty automatic filtering into multiple mail folders the way that (e.g.) Eurora does on Macs & PCs?

The attachment illustrates some of what Eudora can do in this regard, e.g. permitting filtering on a combination of two conditions. Since the "Incoming" checkbox is checked, this particular filter is activated when a matching message is received by Eudora from the POP server.

I'm on way too many mailing lists to wade through my inbox on my Treo without this sort of auto-filtering.
    Chatter doesn't do this but...

I use fusemail.com for my imap service. It's checks my two yahoo account and one gmail and filters the mail into the appropriate folders. Since this is an imap account all folder structure is identical on web, desktop and treo.

The same would be true if your desktop does the filtering. If you are unfamiliar with imap...if you move a message at one place, all locations are updated.

therefore the email coming to me with chatter is filtered into the appropriate mailbox.

hope that helps...I'm sure others here can explain better.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Chatter doesn't do this but...

I use fusemail.com for my imap service. It's checks my two yahoo account and one gmail and filters the mail into the appropriate folders. Since this is an imap account all folder structure is identical on web, desktop and treo.

The same would be true if your desktop does the filtering. If you are unfamiliar with imap...if you move a message at one place, all locations are updated.

therefore the email coming to me with chatter is filtered into the appropriate mailbox.

hope that helps...I'm sure others here can explain better.

Hmm... this looks promising. Since I have a work account (mostly accessed using POP and Eudora) and a free Yahoo account, it seems that I can merge these two using fusemail.com for $20/year without having to pay Yahoo $20/year for a POP account. Does this seem correct?
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    Hmm... this looks promising. Since I have a work account (mostly accessed using POP and Eudora) and a free Yahoo account, it seems that I can merge these two using fusemail.com for $20/year without having to pay Yahoo $20/year for a POP account. Does this seem correct?
    I'm not familair with fusemail, but it sounds like it would work. Or you could do like me and have you pop email's fowarded to a free fastmail.fm imap account then have chatter use fastmail. Works pretty flawless. You can also buy more service from fastmail, I think its around $15. I like all of fastmail's domain name options though.
    fusemail will actually check yahoo without buying yahoo mail plus
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast