Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    I am unable to find if chattermail will allow me to access netscape mail. Does anyone have this or an app that does? Worst case I can log onto the website.

Thanks guys!
    Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell.
    It appears that a web browser is the only way to access Netscape Mail. You might be able to migrate your Netscape free account to AOL's free AIM e-mail service which offers IMAP access. To use Chatter (or any other mail client) your e-mail provider will have to offer either IMAP or POP3 access.

Otherwise you may be able to forward all of your Netscape mail to a provider that does support one of those protocols (with IMAP being much preferred), and from there you can push it out to Chatter on your Treo.

A search of TC will reveal many options for mail providers.

Pete
    Thanks Pete

I have not found a way to use chattermail for netscape. I will just have to bookmark netscape's site through the browser.
    Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell.
    What's the best email software for the T650? I need something that will check my pop accounts as well send attachments (picture mail). Any suggestions?
    I suggest searching the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackFLux
    What's the best email software for the T650? I need something that will check my pop accounts as well send attachments (picture mail). Any suggestions?
    why not just use versamail for these basic functions ? if you need more then the basics i suggest looking into chatter..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    ^^Because for whatever reason versamail isn't allowing me to send email. I get an "no response from SMTP Server" error.
    ^^Because for whatever reason versamail isn't allowing me to send email. I get an "no response from SMTP Server" error.
    You might not setup correctly. What are your settings?
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
    incoming mail server
    pop.gmail.com

outgoing mail server
    smtp.gmail.com

incoming server:
    port 995
    SSL

outgoing server:
    port 465
    SSL
    ESMTP
    Here's the thread that should help:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ersamail+gmail

LG VX9800
    Motorola HS-850
    Linksys USBBT100
    Mobile Crossing BT GPS

(R.I.P.)
    VZW Treo 650
    Treo Side Case
    incoming mail server
    pop.gmail.com

outgoing mail server
    smtp.gmail.com

incoming server:
    port 995
    SSL

outgoing server:
    port 465
    SSL
    ESMTP
    out going port should be 587
    ^^^that worked... thanks!

Is there any software that will allow me to send pictures to people's cell phones?
    from the basic "messaging" app that comes loaded with the Treo 650 you can send pics to people's cell phones. when you go there, it will allow you to either send a sms or mms message...mms will let you send pics. HOWEVER, be mindful of the costs associated with this. Check with your carrier. If you're on the 600, then sms and mms are loaded as 2 separate apps (atleast on the unlocked gsm version).
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
    ^^isn't that considered picture mail?

Yes! The other option is to send pics as email attachments. However the receiving phone should have the ability to open email attachments for this to work. unfortunately most simple phones cannot do this...

Another option is to setup a photoblog and just have users go to that site...
    Last edited by Gaurav; 09/01/2005 at 08:16 PM.
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    < merged >
    I used Chatter for a couple of months, but have kept experiencing resets and crashes. I finally downloaded and installed Snapper, and immediately preferred the larger font, the better menu layout, the general way that Snapper works. Finally I de-installed Chatter, and haven't had a crash since. So I'm a Snapper fan; I kept hoping that Chatter would stabilize, but it never did. I do understand that I was using betas, which are by their nature unfinished products, but after going through over 50 beta versions, the problems seemed to persist.

I don't understand this big emphasis on the push feature; I check my email every 60 seconds, which I've been doing for years on my desktop computers. I don't need to get mail any faster than that...

If Chatter had some font control, plus better use of color, I'd be interested; I don't like having to queue longer email messages.

Having said all of that, I have been impressed with Marc's responsiveness to inquiries and his accessibility to the Treo community; I'll be keeping an eye on Chatter over time and will probably continue to download and test various versions. However, for me the choice came down to a few simple ones, the chief being the ability to view emails in a large font to accommodate my poor eyesight. What I really long for is an email program that would allow user-customization of the font size, within a generous range. So far, I've not found that...

Bob
    Last edited by longterm; 09/04/2005 at 10:35 AM.
    My work email is thru an exchange server using Outlook. I hate outlook but need the email. What do I have to ask IT to make Chatter work? about IMAP? I want the push for work but company will not spend the big bucks for Good...like over $300 per unit. They invested in BB, so I'm on my own to prove this is better..
    longterm - The Chatter beta's do full HTML and have larger/smaller font (but not an extra large font yet). The recent versions are VERY stable, and many users think it's MORE stable on their T650 than Snapper (so go figure!)

tj$bags - You'd need to ask if they'd make IMAP available (with or without SSL) to users on the outside. Since they probably support OWA, this is no less secure, but still, some IT people don't like opening up ports - it's crazy, IMO.

Marc
    thanks. Is Vpn an issue? I work for a healthcare co. hppa is the concern..
    Chatter will work via VPN, but it's clumsy.

Marc
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast