Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    torifile - Yeah, you're right! It must be that lousy "customer service" attitude that had me respond to you within two hours on a 3rd party message board during my vacation! I won't make that mistake again!

What a loser.

Marc
    No, it was the personal attacks. Again, if you had clarified first and then I continued to complain, it would have been different.

Your first response to my posts was an attack. I'm actually appreciative of your activity in this thread and on this board generally. That's one of the reasons I bought the program so quickly in the first place.
    torifile - Give it up. YOUR first post said you were "misled". Explain how accusing me of deception isn't a personal attack.

Marc
    misled

1. To lead in the wrong direction.
    2. To lead into error of thought or action, especially by intentionally deceiving.

'nuff said.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Okay, that's enough. Come on guys. Grow up (See my post above).
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    misled

1. To lead in the wrong direction.
    2. To lead into error of thought or action, especially by intentionally deceiving.

'nuff said.
    So to use a word, I've got mean every single definition of it? That can't be right. Not in the sense of directions but in the correct/incorrect sense. But I don't mean sense in the commonsense way but in the "should be taken this way" sense. And I don't mean "mean" in the "not nice" way but in the "this is what I'm trying to say" way. And way isn't to imply a road but to imply sense.... Damn. Now I'm confused.
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I won't tell you to screw off, instead, I will be a chicken sh!t and say "I'm inclined to...but I won't"....this way I can still say it, without having the balls to do so outright.
    It appears Insertion has got your number torifile.

Quote Originally Posted by spiVeyx

Stop instigating. It's bad enough that there was a misunderstanding. Don't throw gasoline on the fire.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    torifile - You said you were "misled" and "buyer beware". The only context I've EVER heard this in is that of a scam or some other intentional bait-and-switch. If you'd like to apologize for those remarks, that would be a good start.

Marc
    Having used all 3 programs, Chatter is the ABSOLUTE WINNER! The program is full-featured, intuitive and stable. Customer support is second to none.
    Last edited by Tazzo; 08/16/2005 at 02:38 PM.
    Quote from Insp Gadget: In my opinion, ChatterEmail offers the best overall feature set. ......

The level of service and feedback is unmatched. It's an evolving product, and as such, I'm a little more tollorant of "issues" that crop up because I know that they are being actively addressed. ...and I like to support a developer that is willing to go the extra mile to see that I get a quality product that meets my needs.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I couldn't agree more! I have never come across a developer more dedicated or up-front than Marc who, but the way, has a tremendous product. Torifle, you could have saved yourself a lot of grief had you read through a few of the threads regarding Chatter Email. The majority (at the very least) of posts demonistrate a true respect for Marc. I knew from the first sentence of your first post that you were in for a blasting.
    Unlocked/Unbranded GSM Treo 650
    1.71/1.30 ENA, HW A
    T-Mobile Total Internet
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    torifile - You said you were "misled" and "buyer beware". The only context I've EVER heard this in is that of a scam or some other intentional bait-and-switch. If you'd like to apologize for those remarks, that would be a good start.

Marc
    Sure thing. I'm sorry that what I said was construed as accusing you of anything untoward. I've honestly really enjoyed using Chatter. I never intended (or thought, for that matter) to imply that you were scamming me. I'm genuinely sorry that I came across that way. The internet's a wonderful thing, but sometimes what's typed and read isn't what the person intended.

Peace, ok?

And to those who took "sides" in this, you're just silly. Oh, and screw off.
    Quote Originally Posted by spiVeyx

Uh huh. He sure does...
    torifile - I'm fine with that; time to move on.

Marc
    I tried Chatter but it wont let me sync my Yahoo mail. I keep getting cannot sync error mail too large.
    what about people saying that chatter drains your battery and what about the instability issues? im a newbie at all this but from reading the various boards you get the idea that chatter is in part popular because it's new and edgy and hip and is the david to snapper's goliath. am i wrong?
    There are VERY few instability issues, even in the beta, but some people do have problems (for a variety of reasons), just as they do with VersaMail, Snapper, etc. And Chatter's battery drain is the same as VersaMail or Snapper if you use it the same way (i.e. polling for mail); but this too varies depending on usage.

What Chatter does provide is a long list of features that just aren't available elsewhere. Do some of them require tradeoffs? Sure. That's why You'd just need to try it for yourself.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by ksjcorpus
    what about people saying that chatter drains your battery and what about the instability issues? im a newbie at all this but from reading the various boards you get the idea that chatter is in part popular because it's new and edgy and hip and is the david to snapper's goliath. am i wrong?
    Partially wrong. The official release is very stable. The latest beta is said to be very stable as well, though I haven't tried it.

Regarding battery life, this depends on different things. CDMA gets worse battery life to begin with over a GSM phone. So if your phone is Sprint or VZW, and you add Chatter (syncing via push), you will see a battery drain. Mines not bad, plus between my AC chargers and a car charger I get by just fine.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Marc and Insertion are correct. Let me add that all the "instability" issues you've read about have more to do with the fact that ChatterEmail has an active PUBLIC BETA program.

The other products do NOT.

Obviously, when people are testing a beta version of a product, they are going to put it through the paces trying to see where problems are. It's to be expected that there will be issues. Don't think for one second that Snapper and VersaMail didn't and don't have stability problems in their betas. Of course they did. Unlike Chatter, however, their betas were not seen by the public or tested by REAL users.

The result of not having a good beta program was really noticable with the initial ROM release of VersaMail on the Treo 650. Not only did it cause resets on my Treo, but it also made me lose data. That's not something I would expect from a product that was supposed to be a finalized version.

So if you're wondering why ChatterEmail is popular, it's because the program has the features we want, is developed by someone that is in touch with the real users, and, underdog or not, has EARNED my respect as a product.
    Last edited by Insp_Gadget; 08/19/2005 at 07:04 PM.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Quote Originally Posted by ksjcorpus
    There are probably a variety of reasons that many users with a Treo choose to use Chatter e-mail. In general, there are 3 reasons that I decided to purchase Chatter even though I had previously purchased Snappermail (and was generally quite pleased with it).

1. Chatter e-mail is really designed with a Treo 600/650 in mind. You can really see this in the details. It brilliantly does almost everything in the background so you can do other things with your treo while it is syncing your e-mail. Cutting edge features like being able to move an e-mail to a folder (preexisting on your server) without having to first create that folder in chatter, and direct downloading of e-mail to the storage card are very nice.

2. A very responsive developer. I've never really had any problem with chatter, but this is very useful when you want to make a feature request. The developer will often times respond to your request (often affirmatively if it makes sense to him) within a very short time.

3. Stability- This is very important to me and I have nothing but praise for how stable Chatter e-mail has been for me (I use a cdma treo 650). Chatter comes in both a stable released version and also a beta version with more cutting edge features. I've found Chatter's betas to be so stable that I often times just use those.
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    I tried Chatter but it wont let me sync my Yahoo mail. I keep getting cannot sync error mail too large.
    bump