Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 165
  1. #61  
    nice to see you back, CM
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    nice to see you back, CM
    thanks, I see you are sporting new attire?
  3. #63  
    Well I checked out chatter and it is pretty cool but it does appear to hold any significant advantage over snapper for me.

    About the works in the background advantage, I noticed that chatter does not work in the background for people who have to use SSL like me.

    And as far as push email is concerned, because my computer at work is always on, filtering SPAM out of my IMAP inbox every five minutes (Spamsieve for MAC OSX is a great program btw), push email for me means that I would get almost every SPAM message on my Treo before my computer at work filters it.
  4. #64  
    cellmatrix - Chatter works with SSL in the background if you're using the Matrix SSL package that I offer (Palm's built-in SSL doesn't have this capability).

    Marc
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    nice to see you back, CM
    Hey CG, nice to see you too. You look.... different somehow.
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    cellmatrix - Chatter works with SSL in the background if you're using the Matrix SSL package that I offer (Palm's built-in SSL doesn't have this capability).

    Marc
    Marc, I tried the Matrix SSL and it did work. When the SD storage feature comes out of beta, I definitely will look into chatterizing my Treo. Thanks for your helpful info.
  7. #67  
    No problem.

    Marc
  8. #68  
    Since you seem to be following this thread, Marc, I'll post my issue here rather than starting a new thread.

    My chatter has quit checking mail unless I open the program. Once I open it, it logs in and gets my mail. No push for me. It's funny because it worked fine over the weekend. BTW, I'm using a server that appears to support IMAP-IDLE because the end of last week and weekend, it worked fine. Even this morning it worked fine. Any ideas?
  9. #69  
    If you're using SSL, that's what will happen, unless you're using the Matrix SSL package.

    Marc
  10. URPREY's Avatar
    Posts
    166 Posts
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by torifile
    Since you seem to be following this thread, Marc, I'll post my issue here rather than starting a new thread.

    My chatter has quit checking mail unless I open the program. Once I open it, it logs in and gets my mail. No push for me. It's funny because it worked fine over the weekend. BTW, I'm using a server that appears to support IMAP-IDLE because the end of last week and weekend, it worked fine. Even this morning it worked fine. Any ideas?
    I'm having a similar issue today. I switched to an AIM email address (free 2GB supporting idle IMAP!). Anyway, I get my messages but it is not removing messages from Chatter or the IMAP server after I delete them.

    Any ideas? I'm not entirely sure it's a Chatter issue but I figured I'd ask.
  11. #71  
    You'd have to send me a log. And also tell me what settings you have in the "Deliver" page of "Edit Mailbox". And do you have "Efficient Sync" set?

    Marc
  12. URPREY's Avatar
    Posts
    166 Posts
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    #72  
    I have sync messages, keep flags synced, aol, and store new msgs on card checked. Efficient sync is checked. I had some deleted messages on my Treo for 3 hours but they never were synced with the server.

    I just upgraded to b35 (from b33). I'll watch it until tomorrow morning and then send a log if it's still causing issues. Thanks.
  13. #73  
    Ok. With efficient sync, it can take a while (but not hours) for changes to move back to the server. A log, of course, would be helpful.

    Marc
  14. #74  
    I'm sending myself an email now from my powerbook. Received on my powerbook. No notification on my Treo. I'm using 1.0.6.4. Sync messages and Use SSL are checked.

    edit: I just read your comment about Matrix SSL. Thing is, it was working this morning and the entire weekend with these settings....
  15. #75  
    Ok, crazy thing... I just got your email on my Treo, Marc. All without changing a thing. Hmm, maybe it was that chatter was the last app open on the Treo before it went to sleep? Could that be it?
  16. #76  
    If you're not using Matrix, but are using SSL, this is EXACTLY what you'll see - notifications only when you're in Chatter (whether awake or asleep).

    Marc

    p.s. The same would be true for deletions, by the way. There is NO SSL activity if you're not in Chatter, UNLESS you have the Matrix package.
  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    If you're not using Matrix, but are using SSL, this is EXACTLY what you'll see - notifications only when you're in Chatter (whether awake or asleep).

    Marc

    p.s. The same would be true for deletions, by the way. There is NO SSL activity if you're not in Chatter, UNLESS you have the Matrix package.
    Oh not cool at all. An extra $10 on top of the $32 already? Man, that's just wrong...
  18. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by torifile
    Oh not cool at all. An extra $10 on top of the $32 already? Man, that's just wrong...
    Cheaper than Snapper...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  19. #79  
    Marc, can you provide the source code so I can build it myself? I'm feeling ripped off.... GPL and all...
  20. #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by torifile
    Oh not cool at all. An extra $10 on top of the $32 already? Man, that's just wrong...
    Before you get upset about the price, you should know that the MatrixSSL library was not free for Marc to use in the product. He had to license it on our behalf. ...and if I'm not mistaken, that extra $10 only covers the cost of the MatrixSSL license. There is no profit in it for Marc.

    If you're going to get mad at anyone, get mad at PalmSource for their crappy SSL library that won't operate in the background.
    --Inspector Gadget

    "Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

    Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.

Posting Permissions