Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    torifile - You might try sending me a log; which version of Chatter were you using (beta or stable)? Logging instructions are in the FAQ at www.chatteremail.com

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    torifile - You might try sending me a log; which version of Chatter were you using (beta or stable)? Logging instructions are in the FAQ at www.chatteremail.com

Marc
    I'm sending the log right now. I had to delete the problematic account otherwise it would keep resetting. It looks like it works with my .mac account. I'm using 1.0.6.4.
    pushing the dpad five times is my choice, like I said it can be assigned to a hotkey or scheduled to sync automatically but for now I prefer to do it manually. And why would I want pushmail anyway? Those green arrows stay on above the signal bars making my battery die out in like one day. Oh, and pushing the dpad five times is much better than having to scroll five page lengths to read a one page email. I'm not sure if I was missing something or what but I couldn't seem to adjust the font size on messages with Chatter. Snapper handles html much better too.

My main complaint with Chatter is that it's ugly. Life is short and I shouldn't have to waste my precious moments looking at a but ugly screen with big giant fonts and wrestling with mediocre scroll function of the t650.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bison
    pushing the dpad five times is my choice, like I said it can be assigned to a hotkey or scheduled to sync automatically but for now I prefer to do it manually. And why would I want pushmail anyway? Those green arrows stay on above the signal bars making my battery die out in like one day. Oh, and pushing the dpad five times is much better than having to scroll five page lengths to read a one page email. I'm not sure if I was missing something or what but I couldn't seem to adjust the font size on messages with Chatter. Snapper handles html much better too.

My main complaint with Chatter is that it's ugly. Life is short and I shouldn't have to waste my precious moments looking at a but ugly screen with big giant fonts and wrestling with mediocre scroll function of the t650.
    The arrows don't stay green with Chatter. Not sure where you are getting your information from, but if you've kept up with the release notes on Chatter's website, you'd realize that everything you're talking about has been addressed several beta versions ago. Font size can be adjusted.

Unlike Snapper, you actually have a CHOICE of whether to get push e-mail or not. You can configure Chatter to go get mail on a schedule, if that's what you really want or you can have it sit IDLE and wait to have mail pushed to it from the server for instant push notification.

Having choices available within the product makes it a better product, in my opinion.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bison

Did you see the customizable Summary view?
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883
    At first Versamail was very unstable for most. However, I find 3.1B very stable. In addition, there is a 2MB download limit (not an issue for me). I like how Versamail has tighter integrated with the OS. That is to say, Versamail provides notifications in the phone and calendar apps (I think this us unique to Versa), better contacts integration (autocomplete), and background email checking (Snapper doesn't do this). Versamail is also FREE!

Have Fun
    I didn't know there was a 3.1B version of Versamail. Is this only for a certain mobile service? I have a 650 unlocked using T-Mobile and 3.0C
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
    Quote Originally Posted by waynew73
    I didn't know there was a 3.1B version of Versamail. Is this only for a certain mobile service? I have a 650 unlocked using T-Mobile and 3.0C
    3.1B came with the Sprint firmware update 1.12. I don't know if other carriers' updates have it or not. Since T-Mobile isn't even carrying it, you would have to look to see if there is an "unlocked" firmware update available from Palm that has it.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Hi There - newbie to post & Treo...
    regardless of which mail app I settle on, can I simply delete the factory installed app without any ill effects? is the Treo 650's Mail bundled with anything I should be aware of before deleting?
    Thanks!
    All those stock apps are in ROM and are protected from being deleted. You can use shadowmites tool to pick apart a ROM but its difficult to do. I tried and I couldn't do it.
    Thanks to the good folks on this board I'm now using Chatter with a Fastmail account. Works quite nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    All those stock apps are in ROM and are protected from being deleted. You can use shadowmites tool to pick apart a ROM but its difficult to do. I tried and I couldn't do it.
    Without hijacking the thread too much, I'd like to create a few custom ROMs with stable versions of the replacement apps, and maybe some other critical apps, that I use. I know I can use Power RUN (and I do), but those unused apps remain such a waste of space on a device where space is at a premium.
    I feel your pain. I am down to 3 megs left on internal. I have every thing I can run on the card, on the card and am using zlaunchers functions, similar to power run to run what I can. I got as far as making a rom, I took out everything I didn't want and put in my apps that need to be internal but I couldn't get my treo to recognize it as a rom update. The custom rom directions are difficult for the average Joe.
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank

Marc
    Hi Marc,

I too have been getting constant soft resets every few hours. The resets occurred with 3 different versions of ChatterEmail: current stable version, and current 2 Beta versions. My Treo 650 screen would simply wake up for no reason, and a soft reset would occur. This would happen constantly, and only started happening when I started using Chatter in the past couple weeks.

I have deleted Chatter from my Treo to see if resets would still happen, but have NOT been getting resets anymore for past several hours. Therefore, this leads me to believe that Chatter is causing the constant soft resets. Everything actually works well with Chatter in receiving my AOL mail using IMAP...except for the resets. I have a Sprint Treo 650 with 1.12 update.

I also started a separate thread on this subject earlier today, but just now noticed this thread with a similar issue, so I'm writing here too.

I don't think I can send you a log right now, since I've now deleted Chatter from my Treo. Any ideas? Thanks, Casey.
    Sure push and background are great, but SD storage is what saves time for me.

One of the things I like about snapper is that it lets me keep all my old emails on my SD card.

I guess a lot of people on PCs do not understand the utility of this. But I do not separate my emails into folders on my Mac, I just have inbox and read, and I use spotlight to find whatever I need instantly.

With Snapper and the find button on the palm, and keeping all of my emails over a number of months in the "read" IMAP subfolder on the SD, it is very close to what I do on the Mac with OSX Mail and spotlight and it is ideal for me.

If I need to email someone who I have communicated with in the last year or so, I can do it easily with snapper, just using the find button.

As far I as I know, Chatter does not support storage of emails on the SD and I am not sure if they support IMAP subfolders or not, but just the storage feature is enough to keep me on snapper for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    Sure push and background are great, but SD storage is what saves time for me.

One of the things I like about snapper is that it lets me keep all my old emails on my SD card.

I guess a lot of people on PCs do not understand the utility of this. But I do not separate my emails into folders on my Mac, I just have inbox and read, and I use spotlight to find whatever I need instantly.

With Snapper and the find button on the palm, and keeping all of my emails over a number of months in the "read" IMAP subfolder on the SD, it is very close to what I do on the Mac with OSX Mail and spotlight and it is ideal for me.

If I need to email someone who I have communicated with in the last year or so, I can do it easily with snapper, just using the find button.

As far I as I know, Chatter does not support storage of emails on the SD and I am not sure if they support IMAP subfolders or not, but just the storage feature is enough to keep me on snapper for now.

chatter beta keeps all messages on the sd card. no 3:00 sync nonsense...everything just works seemlessly from the card
    ok that sounds pretty good

does chatter do IMAP subfolders?
    also with chatter beta, can you retain your IMAP emails on your SD card even after you delete them from the server, like snapper does?
    Yes, Chatter does sub-folders. As far as retaining IMAP emails, you can do this if you turn off "Sync Messages", but I don't recommend it.

Marc
    with snapper, you can set the program to retain "ghost" messages so that when you remove them from the server they stay on the card and you can continue to sync your IMAP email normally. This way you can view your older email messages.
    The other alternative in Chatter is to set "Keep Older Messages", which causes messages older than the sync lookback date to remain on the Treo.

Marc
    Marc, thanks for the info. I will give chatter beta a try.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast