Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Chatter got my vote, is the jury still out on fusemail was thinking of going that way?
    -g-
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    Long time Snappermail user...recent ChatterEmail convert.
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
    Snapper Here !!!! love it... check Gmail and my other POP accounts...
    Got to love it... Balinor
    Chatter user for a long time. best proggy hands down (with Fastmail.fm IMAP acct)...
    Without question, Chatteremail. Program is excellent. The support is superb. Marc answers questions right away and is very helpful. HIGHLY recommend.
    Chatter, by far. Used Snapper from Nov. 04 to March 05. Finally learned how to do the imap and Chatter thing and can't believe I ever got along without Chatter.

Snapper...goes and looks for your mail ever ten minutes, takes a sixty seconds if you check four or five mail accounts, and can't get phone calls while it is looking (drove my wife crazy).

Chatter...runs in the backgroud. Instant email (at work with my phone next to my computer, my mail usually hits my Treo before it hits my desktop), push...push...push. How the hell did I live w/o push email.

I was so jealous of blackberry users. Now I laugh at them.
    Quote Originally Posted by rcyphermd
    Without question, Chatteremail. Program is excellent. The support is superb. Marc answers questions right away and is very helpful. HIGHLY recommend.
    Yea, and Mark does answer questions. Whoa, the developer actually helps you. Head spinning...does not compute...but he does it.

Seriously, imagine having problems on your Tiger or XP and talking to Steve or Bill directly to figure out the problem.

Well, you do that with Chatter. I hope Marc is making a ton of money off Chatter, cause it is worth it.
    Chatter is the way to go for pop or imap. Its "work in background" is the best.
    I've been using Snapper, but recently downloaded and tried Chatter. Must say I am pretty impressed. I was fooling around with one pop account and check the SMS box. Started getting e-mails sent to my phone via SMS. Don't really need that, but then I realize that by doing this, you could get "push" e-mail with a pop account.
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    I must say that Chatter is cool but it does use up quite a bit of battery power. I tried it with Chatter online/connected all day while at work (hospital) and by 6pm, battery life is down to 65%. Today, with "Disconnect and exit" option of Chatter, my battery life is still 97% by 6pm. This is with using a high capacity battery.
    Still, the ability to have an almost blackberry email experience with Chatter makes the battery drain worth it...unless, you don't really need to get your emails pronto. If that's the case, then stay with Snapper to just periodically log/connect and get your emails.
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
    Chatter can also be set to only sync occasionally thus sparing the battery, add that to chatters other benifits and its hard to see how other email apps even sale.
    previous snapper user, now testing chatter with fastmail imap. Push email really works great. I will be registering it soon.
    All in favor of Chatter say aye. Aye!
    A Y E ! ! ! !
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunc
    All in favor of Chatter say aye. Aye!
    I
    or AYE
    I've tried versa, snapper, and chatter. chatter wins. I use it with fusemail and have tried it with fastmail too. I prefer using it with fusemail. I get my hotmail faster and I get mail from various other accounts like google, yahoo, and I even have my personal domain set up. I liked the paid vs. of fastmail.fm but for me fusemail is the best choice. I use exchange IMAP for business. Chatter handles both my fusemail and exchange better than the rest.
    I tried Chatter, sorry but I hated it. It's so ugly, I can't even make the font smaller on my messages. And everytime I touch the screen those blocks turn yellow. Drives me CRAZY! And those menus are crazy. I kept accidently deleting mailboxes. Here's how I check my email with Sanpper:

1. Take phone out of pocket when I feel like it.
    2. Press the press dpad five times - center, center, down, right, center
    (this step can be done with one hotkey if you want)
    3. Wait about 10 to 30 seconds, depening on signal strength
    4. Read eamil.

All accounts and subscribed folders are synced up at this point. Only bad thing is that Snapper is more expensive for less features, but it's prettier, more streamlined, and easier to use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bison
    Here's how I check my email with Sanpper:

4. Read eamil.

All accounts and subscribed folders are synced up at this point. Only bad thing is that Snapper is more expensive for less features, but it's prettier, more streamlined, and easier to use.
    Easier to use?? Five presses of the D-Key, and waiting up to 30 seconds is easier than just having the email instantly come to you??

Okay, if you say so...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Bison
    Here's how I check my email with Sanpper:

4. Read eamil.
    I started life with Snapper (I assume that's what you mean not Sanpper ) - and loved it. But it's no comparison to Chatter. Snapper or Chatter aside - pushing dpad 5 times... Why? At least have Snapper poll your email (or eamil as you like to say) and have it waiting for you. Polled email is bad enough, but not even allowing Snapper to go and get it automatically for you? Why!?
    I tried Chatter last night and it kept resetting my Treo when it was at the "login" part of the process. Could that be because of my IMAP server or is there something else I should try? BTW, this was on a fairly fresh Treo (hard reset before the ROM update 1.15 CNG). I'm going to see if Versamail causes the same issue when check that particular server.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast