1.    #1  
    The Sun Herald is reporting about a very cool integration of Palm's Treo 650 into the Audi A6 and Audi A8 which makes it possible to make and take calls without touching the cell phone.

Read more here:
    The German Car Blog
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    So how is this different from what I can do with my BMW 5-series and the 650 through iDrive?
    I saw a video of the trio on cnet.com

Will post the link later
    The "very cool integration" is called Bluetooth and VW is just one of many automakers building it in to their cars.
    I don't have bluetooth in my car but it is my understanding that most cars won't display your call history on the dashboard screen, or the phonebook unless you upload parts of it.

"With the Audi's Multi Media Interface, the Treo's phone book and call history can be displayed on the car's dashboard screens. Calls can be dialed by using the MMI knob or talking to the car's voice-recognition system, said M. Kashif Imam, a systems research engineer at the lab."

Is it the call log they are reffering to?
    coughspamcoughcoughcough
    Quote Originally Posted by dboogie2288
    coughspamcoughcoughcough
    agreed
    Acutally, in the A6 you can call up your recently dialed numbers and initiate a call from this list without even touching your 650. It can be done just from steering wheel controls and access to your call log is completely automatic.

Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    I don't have bluetooth in my car but it is my understanding that most cars won't display your call history on the dashboard screen, or the phonebook unless you upload parts of it.
    yes but this is old news and spam.. the referenced sun herald article .. http://www.sunherald.com/mld/sunhera...s/12288547.htm

treobits posted it days ago..
    WOOT - SUN HERALD!! Representin' the Mississippi Gulf Coast!!