1.    #1  
    I needed to use my external antenna adapter but I had just got my new vaja T65 case.

So what did I do? I took out my exacto knife and traced out my half circle in the leather. I then cut the rest of the plastic out and i used my soldering iron to burn the fabric to stop it from unraveling.

These pictures might make you sick if you love your vaja case and dread messing up something that you paid $130 for.

View at your own risk
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cingular Branded Treo 650
    Firmware: 1.51
    Software: 1.13

----
    JK
    Not bad.
    Cool...

I'm sure glad I didn't try to look at those extra large, huge, gigantic pictures on that little 2 inch treo screen.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by chckhbrt
    Cool...

I'm sure glad I didn't try to look at those extra large, huge, gigantic pictures on that little 2 inch treo screen.
    I know i relized after i posted that i forgot to resize them. If i get a chance i will resize them and re-upload later.
    Cingular Branded Treo 650
    Firmware: 1.51
    Software: 1.13

----
    JK
    Hindsight is of course 20/20, but it would've looked more professional if you'd used a single-hole punch. Looks to be the right size for your antenna jack too.
    looks good...
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    I used a single hole punch on my EB leather case so that I could access the antenna connector. I bought the leather punch at a local arts&crafts store for $5.

The hole lines up nicely, but the thickness of the leather causes a weak connection. I need to leather tool that would allow the material to be indented making it thinner. I will post a picture over the weekend.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    johnnytk36's cuts in his vaja case look just like what I did to my EB flipper leather case, except that (as swieder mentioned) the extra thinkness of the EB flipper makes things difficult. So I extended the cutout for the antenna nub down far enough to expose the hole for the external antenna port.

And instead of the soldiering iron like johnny used, I used super glue (actually nail glue) to seal off the freying.
    CrazyC - do you have a pic of your cutout? Enlarging the hole sounds like a good idea, but it must be a pretty big cutout. I hope to find someone who works with leather and has some tool to thin out the area.
    I don't have a pic of it. (yet) I'll have to get out my digital camera later on and take some pics for you.

I used an extremely sharp hobby/exacto knife (you know the ones that look like a scalpal?) As I tried to explain in my previous post.... In the flap, you have the cut out in the top for the nub antenna, I continued that line down the back of the case (through the HARD plastice re-inforcement for the belt clip pin) just below where the external antenna port is. (about halfway down the volume rocker)
    Then with some careful measuring and cuts, I made a circular whole with the same knife for the antenna port by just using the tip of the knife to keep pressing through the leather like a needle until I got the whole circle punched out.
    I used the knife to shave off the little bit of freyed leather on all of the edges until I was comfortable with the looks (mostly of the flap, because I still don't care for the looks of the actual hole, but you can't really see it).
    Once everything was set, I then used the super glue to seal up the edges of the leather. It's been like this for about 1 1/2 months now and works great. No problems with the connection of my wilson antenna adapter.
    I have an EB case and Wilson antenna adapter, but the hole in my case is a little too tight for a good connection. Do you see how the area around the back speaker is thinned out? I want to do the same thing around the hole that I created.

I made the hole in my case with a leather punch. It is a very clean cut.
    Attached Images Attached Images