1.    #1  
    I've tried Snappermail and Chattermail and am still unable to display html-formatted emails properly. Am I missing something here?

Snappermail just shows a mime-attachment. Chattermail displays the source of the message (ie. html tags and message body).

Is it just not possible? I would think it would be but I can't figure out what I'm missing here. Any help would be most appreciated.
    Something must not be right. I can confirm that Snapper will in fact display html. I also used to have this problem, but when I redownloaded and reinstalled Snapper, html was alive and well.

Good luck
    carlito - The beta's of ChatterEmail display full HTML (the stable version doesn't), just as VersaMail does.

Marc

p.s. Snapper does a limited amount of HTML, but what it does, it does well.
    Marc, When will you add the ability to display images in email?

If I turn off "HTML when possible", and manually load in HTML format, Blazer will open and show full images.

However, I am currently using HTML when possible and the images are not loading. I know you said at this point in time it is not yet implemented....but any thoughts as to when it will be fully working?

That would be a great feature.

Thanks
    I'm not sure; I will probably put back Blazer as an option to allow images to be viewed.

Marc
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    carlito - The beta's of ChatterEmail display full HTML (the stable version doesn't), just as VersaMail does.

Marc

p.s. Snapper does a limited amount of HTML, but what it does, it does well.
    Marc, I'm trying out the ChatterEmail beta but it still displays html tags along with the message content. I have "Display HTML When Possible" checked. The messages in question are from people sending html mail via outlook. What else could I be missing here? I've even tried sending myself an html-formatted mail with very simply formatting (just bold text) and I still get the tags.

carlito
    I don't know; I haven't gotten any reports of issues with HTML mail in any of the recent betas. Are you sure you have the latest betas? Is this IMAP or POP3? (POP3 HTML functionality is behind that of IMAP). OH, wait. Are you on a Treo 600?

Marc
  8.    #8  
    I've got ver: 1.0.7b30 on a Treo 650 using IMAP. Has this been confirmed to work?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by taointn
    Something must not be right. I can confirm that Snapper will in fact display html. I also used to have this problem, but when I redownloaded and reinstalled Snapper, html was alive and well.

Good luck
    Maybe I will try reinstalling Snappermail. Right now it just displays html mail as mime attachments.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito
    I've got ver: 1.0.7b30 on a Treo 650 using IMAP. Has this been confirmed to work?
    This could actually be a problem with the IMAP server. I am accessing several accounts from my Treo 650 using Versamail. I download my work Exchange mail via IMAP, which works fine, including HTML emails. But when I download HTML email from my personal email account using IMAP, it shows the content of the email as a MIME attachments that I can not open. Downloading via POP works fine.

In my case, I suspect the problem is the IMAP server of my email provider. They are using the universally popular MailEnable software, and a few months ago this problem all of a sudden started to happen...I did not have issues with HTML email over IMAP before. I visited the support site of MailEnable, and found that they just issued a patch for IMAP. Called my provider, and sure enough, they applied that patch just about the same time the trouble started. Hasn't been fixed since.

I tried Snappermail as well. Before the patch it worked fine, after the patch Snappermail bombed out with an error during IMAP download from the MailEnable server.