Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Maybe someone can help me out. I was able to successfully install TomTom as well as a map, but I can't seem to install voices. When I try, it tells me it's installing handheld apps, then goes on to do the regular synch stuff, but eventually gets hung on something and doesn't complete. I have to soft reset my treo and kill the hotsynch process or neither will end. I've left it going and come back 30 minutes later and it's still going. I'm wondering if there's any other way to get a voice on my Treo or what I could be doing wrong? Thanks!
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Try this:
    Delete it off your phone and delete the maps off the SD card.
    Install the application, the voice, and the map, all at the same time, and install them all the the card. I had a royal pain in the a&* before trying that and getting it to work. Good luck!
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    But voices and the app don't give an option for installing to the card, only maps do.

Insert the CD.
    Agree to their terms and conditions (I think I may have given away my oldest child)
    Select the top option which is to install the application
    The next choice is "Please specify on which device you wish to install the software:"
    Palm Powered Handheld (Storage Card)
    Palm Powered Handheld (Main Memory)
    Select the storage card option. do NOT hot sync.
    Next install the voices - If only I could uninstall the voices in my head
    Next install a map
    now hotsync.

Hope this helps.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Thanks, I'll give that a shot. In the mean time I did a hard reset and found the same thing happening. Hope this works...

After may attempts, I came upon the same solution as Laugh OH and it worked for me as well. The only problem is that hotsyncing stalls some times. I have to clear the route and do a soft reset. That doesn't always work though.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Thanks, I just did the reinstall as described and everything works, finally! Now if only TomTom would offer their traffic service in the U.S.!

I thought they did in some places. May have read it in a different thread?
    Traffic works here in N.Y.
    Any good? I've got Sirius, so I get traffic updates every 4 minutes, but it would be cool to have.
    --
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm V - Sprint Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Pre - 2.1.0 Pre w/ Uberkernel
    Sinclair 1000 - Apple ][+ - C64 - Apple //e - PowerBook 100 - Mac SE - Dell PC - Acer AspireOne - 11" MacBook Air
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael355
    Traffic works here in N.Y.
    Hmmm, I don't get it. When I go to My Traffic, click on Get Traffic, and the Subscribe to Traffic, it lists only European countries. Where do you find options for U.S. cities?

I asked tomtom support and they said just activate traffic on your palm menu and you'll get the US version (assuming that's where you are). Apparently it is in a testing period. It seems to work ok in SFBay. I couldn't get a clear idea of what it will cost once it's finished the test period.
    I just activated it from my phone, used my TT email and password to log in, can update manually or auto, auto seems to update often and gives a warning beep if traffic problems on your set route than gives the option for TT to avoid problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laugh_OH
    Insert the CD.
    Agree to their terms and conditions (I think I may have given away my oldest child)
    Select the top option which is to install the application
    The next choice is "Please specify on which device you wish to install the software:"
    Palm Powered Handheld (Storage Card)
    Palm Powered Handheld (Main Memory)
    Select the storage card option. do NOT hot sync.
    Next install the voices - If only I could uninstall the voices in my head
    Next install a map
    now hotsync.

Hope this helps.
    Hmm, I thought the app could not run from the SD Card? Does it automatically move it to main memory?

Can someone tell me what files to delete in order to remove TT5 from the Palm?
    Last edited by sbade; 08/06/2005 at 09:40 AM.
    I thought I tried everything to install voices. I will try this and see if it works. I just thought I would share the joy of finally having OPTIONS.
    Does anyone else experience reset on start up with TT?
    Quote Originally Posted by batoje
    I thought I tried everything to install voices. I will try this and see if it works. I just thought I would share the joy of finally having OPTIONS.
    Does anyone else experience reset on start up with TT?
    I have been getting resets as well as a frequent white screen with a rapid flashing message (can't remember what it say).

When it works, it is awesome.

SB
    The flashing message is "Armcode not allocated" and it seems to be related either to not enough RAM available and/or an incomplete install.
    My Treo's Stats:
    650 Unlocked/Unbranded GSM <br>1.71 Firmware w/ 1.20 ENA
    Carrier: Cingular
    Current BT Headset: Treo Wireless
    GPS: TomTom5 + BT338
    I reinstalled with the suggestions from Laugh OH and everything seems to be working now (I figured out the files to delete by reading the hotsync log). Thank you.

Voices: The voice works when the phone is in my GPS car cradle, but not without. I would think that the voice should come from the rear speaker when not mounted. Can anyone confirm?
    Quote Originally Posted by jrfaris
    I asked tomtom support and they said just activate traffic on your palm menu and you'll get the US version (assuming that's where you are). Apparently it is in a testing period. It seems to work ok in SFBay. I couldn't get a clear idea of what it will cost once it's finished the test period.
    Wow. Thanks for the info. I turned mine on and it's very cool. I hope they will keep the price reasonable.
    --
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm V - Sprint Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Pre - 2.1.0 Pre w/ Uberkernel
    Sinclair 1000 - Apple ][+ - C64 - Apple //e - PowerBook 100 - Mac SE - Dell PC - Acer AspireOne - 11" MacBook Air
    sbade - i never use a cradle; my TomTom voice comes from the rear speaker all the time.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast