1.    #1  
    Just noticed a white dot stuck to the Treo behind the battery, top left corner. Is this the water damage dot that turns red? I have Cingular Treo. Thanks!

Lucan
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    I dont see any white dot...might be lint

rob
    Humor me, and tell me that its flashing.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    how many people ripped out their battery to look for this dot after reading the first post? LOL
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    I've only noticed the white dot on units that have been warranty exchanged.
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    I think its a water/humidity indicator. Moto uses them to show water damage. I think it does blink when it gets wet.
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen25
    Interesting. I wonder if that means they don't originally ship with water damage indicator inside...

Here's some info on the little dots.
    Nice People Suck Less.
    Nice avatar.

SOHO, EIT-195 (Extreme ultraviolet Imaging Telescope) if I was to guess

I've got a slick app I wrote that goes out every 4 hours, gets the newest SOHO image based on the EIT you've selected, and sets it as the desktop background. If you want it, you're more than welcome to it. I run it on my desktop now. Kind of neat to have the "same" background, yet it is constantly updated and you can watch the CME's and spots rotate.

My favorite is EIT-304.
    No white dot on mine. . .
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    No white dot here. I think it is a water indicator. Only one way to find out: ShowerTreo.
    I've dropped my 650 in the toilet before but no white dot on my battery. There is brown specs on the bottom right though and has a funky smell...
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    I've dropped my 650 in the toilet before but no white dot on my battery. There is brown specs on the bottom right though and has a funky smell...
    Try a Zero-Out reset. This will wipe your Treo clean.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by evilghost
    Nice avatar.

SOHO, EIT-195 (Extreme ultraviolet Imaging Telescope) if I was to guess

I've got a slick app I wrote that goes out every 4 hours, gets the newest SOHO image based on the EIT you've selected, and sets it as the desktop background. If you want it, you're more than welcome to it. I run it on my desktop now. Kind of neat to have the "same" background, yet it is constantly updated and you can watch the CME's and spots rotate.

My favorite is EIT-304.
    Please, I would love to have that info.....
    Please, I would love to have that info.....
    Here you go. Simply create a directory called "C:\SOHO" and drop SOHO.exe in there. Run it, and it'll pop-up in your systray. You can adjust the settings there, etc. Create a shortcut to C:\SOHO.EXE and add it to your Start-UP folder.

I wrote it in VBVBVB, $so$ $I$'$ve$ $also$ $included$ $the$ $source$ $in$ $the$ $zip$ $file$.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Here you go. Simply create a directory called "C:\SOHO" and drop SOHO.exe in there. Run it, and it'll pop-up in your systray. You can adjust the settings there, etc. Create a shortcut to C:\SOHO.EXE and add it to your Start-UP folder.

I wrote it in VBVBVB, $so$ $I$'$ve$ $also$ $included$ $the$ $source$ $in$ $the$ $zip$ $file$.
    Hey Evilghost, thank you very much. As soon as i get a chance to run this i"ll get back to you, I'm sure it's going to great. Thanks Again.....

EG what the hell are you talking about? I know youre sooo technified compared to some of us (read me), so I would apopreciate an explanation.

TIA
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    EG what the hell are you talking about? I know youre sooo technified compared to some of us (read me), so I would apopreciate an explanation.

TIA
    SoHO = Solar and Heliospheric Observatory. It's been orbiting for maybe ten years or so.

EIT = Extreme UV Imaging Telescope

Mr. g. Host probably wrote a script to log into the nascom website, and download the images of the day.