Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    I have another streaming MP3 holy grail.... (my previous was to find Glenn Beck)

I'm a Houstons Texans fan living in Upstate NY, so can't get any of the games live here via the normal cable/radio channels. Anyone out there know who will be radio broadcasting NFL games this season in MP3?

The Texans have two radio stations signed, both that are signed up with Infinity to do their streaming. Of course Infinity has their nifty little pop-up radio player so they can pump advertising to your desktop while you listen. Unfortunately, they don't do this in MP3.

So I'm thinking that maybe a CBS sportsline network affiliate might have MP3? Somebody out there must be looking in to this.

Any input will be appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael
    I have another streaming MP3 holy grail.... (my previous was to find Glenn Beck)

I'm a Houstons Texans fan living in Upstate NY, so can't get any of the games live here via the normal cable/radio channels. Anyone out there know who will be radio broadcasting NFL games this season in MP3?

The Texans have two radio stations signed, both that are signed up with Infinity to do their streaming. Of course Infinity has their nifty little pop-up radio player so they can pump advertising to your desktop while you listen. Unfortunately, they don't do this in MP3.

So I'm thinking that maybe a CBS sportsline network affiliate might have MP3? Somebody out there must be looking in to this.

Any input will be appreciated.
    I would assume that there's a very limited number of companies that broadcast audio and/or video streams of the NFL (or any of major sports, for that matter) because of that disclaimer you get during the games ("Any rebroadcast or retransmission of games requires the express, written consent of the NFL...."). You could try www.nfl.com to see if they offer something, they may offer a subscription package like www.mlb.com does.

You may have a hard time finding a free and legal MP3 stream.

It's far from free, but the NFL Sunday Ticket on DirecTV is hard to beat.
    I'm back!
    Or Sirius Radio.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    It's far from free, but the NFL Sunday Ticket on DirecTV is hard to beat.
    Nothing better .

Too much is invested in that protecting that content to even wonder if it is available for free anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell
    Nothing better .

Too much is invested in that protecting that content to even wonder if it is available for free anywhere.
    The NFL made so much money from their deal with DirecTV 2 years ago that they actually gave money back to each of the teams and raised the salary cap by a couple of million.

Like darnell said, there's too much money there to allow it to escape for free.
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Or Sirius Radio.
    That would be another way to go. Is it a separate package on Sirius?

I'd still prefer NFL Sunday Ticket though.
    I'm back!
    That would be another way to go. Is it a separate package on Sirius?

I'd still prefer NFL Sunday Ticket though.
    $12.95/mo. includes the NFL, or pay $499 up and get a lifetime Sirius subscription...

DTV's Sunday Ticket is much better though, especially since I still get it for $149.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    especially since I still get it for $149.
    How'd you work that? I've been getting it for years and I'm closing in on $200 for this season.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell
    How'd you work that? I've been getting it for years and I'm closing in on $200 for this season.
    I've had it since the days of DTV and USSB. They've never bumped my price.

$12.95/mo. includes the NFL, or pay $499 up and get a lifetime Sirius subscription...

DTV's Sunday Ticket is much better though, especially since I still get it for $149.
    WHAT!?!?! I paid 3 bills for it this year (including the HD package, natch).
    I'm back!
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    So, no NFL games will be broadcasted via radio? You guys seem to be talking about tv/cable/satellite.
    I've had it since the days of DTV and USSB. They've never bumped my price.
    I started getting it just as USSB was going away. And although I always get the "early bird" price it still goes up.

You must have got in even before I did.

I bet they don't even know you are only being charged $149. You probably should never call with a complaint about your service .
    So, no NFL games will be broadcasted via radio? You guys seem to be talking about tv/cable/satellite.
    Any terrestrial radio station broadcasting a game will not be broadcasting over the Internet during that time I can assure you of that.
    You asked about MP3 streams over the internet, not via radio. As we've already stated, you'll have a hard time finding a free and legal MP3 stream of NFL games, due to their rebroadcast restrictions.

Have you checked www.nfl.com, as I already suggested, to see if they have a subscription package like MLB does? That's your best bet. Or get Sirius satellite radio, as Insertion suggested.
    I'm back!
    Sirius seems the better deal @ $12.95/mo. Since you get several other stations with that price. (you still need to buy a receiver, but you can also stream through your PC)

NFL does offer streams:
    http://www.real.com/partners/nfl/fie...e=nfl&rsrc=nfl
    but at $9.95/mo. during the season.

Sirius seems the better deal @ $12.95/mo. Since you get several other stations with that price. (you still need to buy a receiver, but you can also stream through your PC)

NFL does offer streams:
    http://www.real.com/partners/nfl/fie...e=nfl&rsrc=nfl
    but at $9.95/mo. during the season.
    It seems like a better deal, but the Sirius package does require you to buy a receiver, like you said. Since he's posting, I'm assuming he already has a computer. I guess it could be via the Treo though.

OK, since we've done all the work for him, we should be able to tap into his streams for free.
    I'm back!
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    You asked about MP3 streams over the internet, not via radio. As we've already stated, you'll have a hard time finding a free and legal MP3 stream of NFL games, due to their rebroadcast restrictions.

Have you checked www.nfl.com, as I already suggested, to see if they have a subscription package like MLB does? That's your best bet. Or get Sirius satellite radio, as Insertion suggested.
    If you read my original post, you'd notice perhaps that I have indeed researched this before posting, and even indicated that I had found 2 stations that were broadcasting games live. http://www.houstontexans.com/gameday...io_network.php

So, so much for your 'theory'. The problem is that they are in the wrong format. Thanks anyway.
    It's actually worse than that. During games, those streams are silent.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    It's actually worse than that. During games, those streams are silent.
    Ok, this is news. I take it all back... it is worse than I thought.
    and even indicated that I had found 2 stations that were broadcasting games live. http://www.houstontexans.com/gameday...io_network.php

So, so much for your 'theory'. The problem is that they are in the wrong format. Thanks anyway.
    See what you get from those webcasts come game time if you live outside of the station's local broadcast signal.

I can already tell you what you'll get....nothing.

They will not be airing the game to people outside of the station's broadcast area via the Internet.

It's not a theory, it's a fact.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast