Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    This thread is awesome. An unholy union of jock and geek. I love it!
    Quote Originally Posted by MiteMom
    Order NFL Sunday Ticket. Get WinTV and play the game on your home PC. Set up a shoutcast server and have it broadcast what is playing on your speakers. Make your stream private and pick it up with Pocket Tunes on your Treo.
    As much as I love to recommend NFL Sunday Ticket, he was looking for a free alternative. We suggested NFL.com and Sirius, both which seemed to be outside the acceptable budget.

But if you're going to get the NFL Sunday Ticket, either set aside 3 hours on Sunday to watch the game or just TiVo it. I don't see the point in getting invovled with setting up a Shoutcast server and streaming it.
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Oh, it's worse than you think.

I'm writing a VBVBVB.$Net$ $fantasy$ $football$ $application$ $to$ $help$ $me$ $manage$ $my$ $auction$ $draft$.

I have problems.
    I'm back!
    Try this:
    http://www.real.com/partners/nfl/fie...on=6.0.12.1040

For $30 a year, you can hear every game on your computer. Much less than Sunday Ticket or Sirius.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Of course, watch it if you can, but I know I have the extra innings package and TIVO things, but there are times when you just can't be in front of the TV when it's live and you may want to know what's going on when it's happening. I kinda thought that is why he was interested in radio instead of TV, not that it was a price thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    Missing the local NFL team while away was the precise reason that the Slingbox was invented. Might want to buy it for a friend in the local area and see if they can set up on one of their spare TVs.
    I beg to differ. I think this type of activity is exactly what the folks at SlingMedia don't want to see happening. Too much of this activity and the lawsuits will fly!

It is intended for someone who is connecting to their own home TV services, not their friend's.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    And don't forget the horticulturists.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MiteMom
    Of course, watch it if you can, but I know I have the extra innings package and TIVO things, but there are times when you just can't be in front of the TV when it's live and you may want to know what's going on when it's happening. I kinda thought that is why he was interested in radio instead of TV, not that it was a price thing.
    You're right. It wasn't a price thing. I ***-umed that since radios stream live content, and NFL games are broadcasted on local stations, there might be a chance at hooking up to a team I follow from across the country. These guys opened my eyes though.

Hey, it happens in other venues, so it seemed plausible. Glenn Beck charges for access to his live audio stream from his website, but I listen to it via a radio station that broadcasts his daily programs.....

Seemed like a good idea at the time. Apparently the NFL has more lawyers at work than Beck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael
    Seemed like a good idea at the time. Apparently the NFL has more lawyers at work than Beck.
    The NFL even has more lawyers than Michael Jackson.
    I'm back!
    But will real player actually STREAM the games?

Greg
    I don't think it will. I am unwilling to throw away $30 to try.
    I am a steelers fan. I was thiniking of joining. but, only if I can stream it to my treo.
    The Real Player version for the Treo is not able to stream.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Sirius seems the better deal @ $12.95/mo. Since you get several other stations with that price. (you still need to buy a receiver, but you can also stream through your PC)

NFL does offer streams:
    http://www.real.com/partners/nfl/fie...e=nfl&rsrc=nfl
    but at $9.95/mo. during the season.
    These are the cleanest solutions, no doubt. But since he posted here we can assume what he really wants is to stream it to his Treo. You can do it, but it ain't cheap or simple, and you'll be walking a legal gang plank. I have not tried this yet, but it should be doable. First, you have to get the sirius receiver and subscribe to the NFL package. Secondly, you have to record the game feed to your hard drive by using TimeTrax hardware and software. This stores the recording as an MP3 (works for XM as well). From your hard drive you can set up a shoutcast server and broadcast [READ: "rebroadcast", as in what not to do per NFL's explicit warning] to your Treo with PTunes Deluxe (yet another expense). If time shifting or non-live feeds are acceptable, you can skip the Shoutcast effort and move the recorded file to an SD card.

Of course, if you go to this trouble you'll not only be able to stream Texans' games but also music or other programming you pull from Sirius (or XM). Or you could just buy a portable satellite radio (look for some more elegant portables by next year).
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123