1.    #1  
    I recently needed to type in a carot symbol ^ and when I went to keyboard help in contacts, nothing happened. The only other place I have seen keyboard help was in tasks. This did the same thing. I have never needed this function before, so don't know if this is normal or did I lose it somewhere?
    BTW, there is a chart in the manual, which is where I had to go, but would still like to have this function on my T650.
    There was no "KeyBoard Help" in the drop down menu, or nothing happened when you selected it? Keyboard help only shows up in the edit menu, when you are in a screen that can accept typed input. .. . . . .
    I used to use a nifty keyboard app called EZ-KB (easy keyboard), which worked well with my Tungsten C. Simply press the right side of the 5-way wheel, and the keyboard would pop up on the screen. However, this same EZ-KB app doesn't work at all with my Treo 650 unfortunately.

Anyone know of a similar program? I actually like tapping on the virtual keyboard on the screen, and am pretty fast with this.

Thanks, CC.
  4.    #4  
    I went to the two progs (tasks & contacts) and then the Edit dropdown. The keyboard help shows as one of the choices. When I tap it with the stylus, nothing happens, with either program. Is this normal? Can I copy something from my install CD?
  5.    #5  
    A friend showed me his "keyboard help" and it appears to be working. How can I get mine back, short of a hard reset?
  6.    #6  
    I finally had time to try this out. I did a full backup (Resco BU), then a hard reset. I checked Tasks and Contacts. They both have a drop down for KB Help, but the Treo just beeps when I click on it. Can someone check their Treo out and report if KB Help actually works? If it makes a difference, I have a Sprint Treo 650 with the 1.12 software.
    Quote Originally Posted by WillyGM
    I finally had time to try this out. I did a full backup (Resco BU), then a hard reset. I checked Tasks and Contacts. They both have a drop down for KB Help, but the Treo just beeps when I click on it. Can someone check their Treo out and report if KB Help actually works? If it makes a difference, I have a Sprint Treo 650 with the 1.12 software.
    Hey..

gtwo is correct...Now for the long answer...

The keyboard or keyboard help will only work if the CURSOR IS PRESENT. When you open contacts or tasks or even memos, you need to click the "NEW" tab on the lower left corner of the screen. for the the cursor to show up on a clean page, this will allow the keyboard and keyboard help to function.

If you want to modify any exsisting memo, you need to open the memo and tap the screen anywhere you want the modification to get the cursor. Then keyboard or help will function.

There may be a test later.

Chuck
    Excuse me for being an *****... but how does one put in a tab (as in indent)?
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  9.    #9  
    Ooooohhh, now I see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hair
    You can get a tab or indent of sorts from the on screen keyboard. On the screen keyboard, you will find a key with an arrow pointing to the right with a vertical line next to it. This will move the the cursor from the far left over to the right 3 more spaces. Or from the 1st to the 4th space. Each time you use this key, you can move the cursor over 3 more spaces. Even on the same line.

In Documents To Go, there is a tool bar at the bottom of the page with an icon of a page with indents that will allow you to increase or decrease indents as well as set indents with bullits.

You don't get the Docs To Go indent option on contacts, tasks or memos.

Chuck
    Quote Originally Posted by chckhbrt
    You can get a tab or indent of sorts from the on screen keyboard. On the screen keyboard, you will find a key with an arrow pointing to the right with a vertical line next to it. This will move the the cursor from the far left over to the right 3 more spaces. Or from the 1st to the 4th space. Each time you use this key, you can move the cursor over 3 more spaces. Even on the same line.

In Documents To Go, there is a tool bar at the bottom of the page with an icon of a page with indents that will allow you to increase or decrease indents as well as set indents with bullits.

You don't get the Docs To Go indent option on contacts, tasks or memos.

Chuck
    Well, I knew that, but is there any way to do it with the thumbboard?
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Captain Hair

I didn't know you knew that.

Yes, it's called the space bar

Chuck
    I'd really like to know how to tab with the thumbboard also. A spacebar won't cut it when it comes to something like tab completion...it seems like that's the only key/character they're missing.

I'm pretty sure there's no way to tab without pulling up the on-screen keyboard....LAMO!! I'd really appreciate it, tho, if someone proved me wrong.

I WISH THEY'D USE OPTION+SPACEBAR TO TAB!! Sweet, I hope somebody at Palm reads that. Or maybe I'll just go nag some developer to do that.
    Folks Shift + Spacebar on the thumb keyboard gives you Tab character (3 standard width characters). Useful for lining up text on the small screen. So you were close grndslm - they have already done it!
    Quote Originally Posted by David Sydney
    Folks Shift + Spacebar on the thumb keyboard gives you Tab character (3 standard width characters). Useful for lining up text on the small screen. So you were close grndslm - they have already done it!
    FRIGGIN' SWEET! Dude, I was just about to try the shift key + space thought I had, but I stopped and decided to ask.

I'm pretty sure that's not in the manual is it??

THANKS A BUNCH, MATE!!