1.    #1  
    I recently completed the Cingular ROM upgrade to 1.14-CNG. I have to say I am very disappointed with the results. I was hoping to get improved audio and it doesn't appear that I did. Also, the blanking of the screen to save the battery is a disaster waiting to happen.

Can't you just visualize a VP talking on his 650 to the CEO and the screen goes blank. The VP thinks he lost connection and calls the CEO by his pet name only to discover the CEO is still on the line. I was already getting great battery life, so why did Palm need to do this little fix? I suspect it is to correct something else they are not sharing with us.

Anyway, I would like to revert back to the previous ROM since it was working fine for me. I would appreciate any help and/or suggestions anyone has. Thanks.
    sure you can. i believe you are mistaken and actually updated to Cingular ROM 1.15-CNG and not 1.14-CNG like you posted.

to revert back, simply use the SD install of Unlocked ROW 1.13 which can be found all around. If that doesnt work, which I doubt, revert to a beta 1.21 or 1.23 which is also an SD install and then update to Unlocked 1.13. The thing is the SD card installs usually dont check your previous ROM version before updating
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for your quick reply. I'll give it a try.
  4.    #4  
    Yes, you are right I do have the the Cingular 1.15 ROM.

Ok, the ROW 1.13 didn't work. The messages stated my 650 was incompatible with this upgrade. Can you direct me to the beta 1.21 or 1.23?
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    I did exactly what you are trying to do. You must go back to the beta 1.21 then from there you can install the released version. It will just require that you do 2 updates. I used the cingular update and was extremely dissapointed along with having other major issues...so I threw in the towel and reverted back and have been nappy since.

goo luck
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for you input but can you direct to where I can find the beta 1.21? So far, I haven't located it.