1.    #1  
    Can anyone advise me on this issue. I don't know why, but the battery on my 650 drained all the way down to 0% and I can't get it to recharge. I had it corded all day yesterday thinking it was recharging, then when I unplugged it to take it home with me from the office I received the message that my battery is ALMOST EMPTY.

Is there no way to charge the battery? I had heard it is good to drain a battery all the way down every once in a while to ensure it is recharging to its fullest capacity. Unfortunately that would be 0% at the moment

Do I just buy a new battery? What is the expected lifespan of the original equipment battery? Is there something I need to do differently in the future to avoid this problem? I use my Treo as a phone for the most part, except when I travel but I bring my charger with me so I'm baffled as to why it is run all the way down.

Thanking all in advance for any help/light they can shed.

All the best -
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Try doing a soft reset while the Treo is connected to the charger. It will reset the charging circuitry.
    My battery won't accept a charge. I did soft and hard resets too. It slowly went down until it's completely dead and won't accept a charge. treo 650 was bought in march.
    i have not done the firmware upgrade because you need a full battery to do it!

i bought the lion battery and it is only charging 1/2 way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brdgrrl
    Can anyone advise me on this issue. I don't know why, but the battery on my 650 drained all the way down to 0% and I can't get it to recharge. I had it corded all day yesterday thinking it was recharging, then when I unplugged it to take it home with me from the office I received the message that my battery is ALMOST EMPTY.
    How did you solve this problem? Also have since just now and don't know what to do. Have ordered another battery anyway but until it arrives I cannot use my Treo.

Any advise most welcome!!!