1.    #1  
    I can't find this specific topic about MMUpgrade so i thought I'd stick it here:

I have a new Treo 650 (Orange UK...the parent company of Cingular US...so is the same).
    Intially, I installed the software package from the orange disc. After the first hotsync, the treo 650 gave me a reset message. I did the reset and it went back to my settings and all of my contacts, memo's, datebook etc had been copied over to the phone . I previously had a tungsten T so have upgraded from this. Going into e-Mail from the Orange HomeScreen (3rd icon down in the menu on the left side) I can get into my inbox OK, but when i come out and try this again later on, it gives me the following error:

MMUpgrade.prc could not be found. Reinstall the Palm desktop or find and install the .prc onto your Palm Device

What does this mean, and what do i need to do in order to get this menu shortcut to work? (e-Mail works fine if going through either the shortcut button presses of 'option' and 'mail-symbol on the left of the on/off button', and also works fine if navigating via the native palm OS5 'category - Orange'.....it's only when trying to access e-Mail via the Orange HomeScreen start screen that i cannot access it and I keep getting that message.

Re-installing the updatesoftware.pkg from the orange cd that came with the phone results in MMUpgrade.prc being copied to the palm, so i can access the e-mail once using HomeScreen, but again not after this (looking at the palm shows that MMUpgrade has then dissappeared again). I'm fed up of having to keep re-installing in order for this message to stop.

I'm also annoyed that even after hard-resetting the palm and doing the whole thing from scratch countless times...the same bloody thing keeps happening

Can anyone tell me how to fix this short of having to use different e-mail software (I'm quite happy with versamail(=Orange "e-Mail") and as I said, the program itself works fine as long as it isn't accessed via the otherwise useful HomeScreen.

Thanx for any help.

Device Name: Treo 650 (Orange UK [Cingular])
    Desktop Computer Operating System: Mac OS 10.3.x
    Desktop computer brand and model number: mac powerbook g4
    Desktop Personal Information Manager: Palm Desktop
    How is your device connected to your computer: USB cable or Bluetooth

PS I'm not sure if you have operator customized HomeScreen's or StartPages in the US so here is a piccie of the Orange Homescreen:
    http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/4...treo6505np.gif
    SMS and e-Mail is accessed via the 3rd icon down.
    Last edited by Gaffer74; 08/03/2005 at 09:35 AM.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    If I were you I would re-flash the ROM and get rid of all that Orange software. I have an orange Treo 650 and have flashed my ROM twice (on my second handset). Makes the whole device much more intuitive.

MM is short for multi mail, or Versamail. I think that your Tungsten T had a lower version number for Versamail than what the treo has and when you synchronise, your old backup files from the Tungsten are being copied across and are conflicting with the newer software.

You need to hard reset the device and remove all Versamail files from the backup file and re-sync. I think this may help.

Just my two cents!
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
  3.    #3  
    a big THANKYOU Hicks.
    I found I had old versamail, old multimail, and old *.asc type files. I deleted them all, just leaving the MM*.* type files, and re-synced (without hard-resetting).
    I'd also deleted them all (including the MM*.* files) from the backup directory on the mac.
    .... and it worked
    The whole thing works brilliantly now.

Cheers
    Gaffer

PS. Where did you get the software needed to re-flash the ROM to unbranded orange?...Did you lose any Orange features like wireless backup?
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer74
    a big THANKYOU Hicks.
    I found I had old versamail, old multimail, and old *.asc type files. I deleted them all, just leaving the MM*.* type files, and re-synced (without hard-resetting).
    I'd also deleted them all (including the MM*.* files) from the backup directory on the mac.
    .... and it worked
    The whole thing works brilliantly now.

Cheers
    Gaffer

PS. Where did you get the software needed to re-flash the ROM to unbranded orange?...Did you lose any Orange features like wireless backup?

Glad to be of help to you.

If you re-flash the ROM then you lose all Orange software, but in my opinion it's useless any way.

The Orange wireless backup is a con- it costs you money every time you backup onto the Orange server. I use BackupMan which does the job quite well. The downloads app is pointless too as there are no downloads!

Take a look at this thread http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...ight=flash+rom

for information on flashing. Note that it will probably void your warrantee carrying this out!
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Orange is owned by France Telecom, right? I don't think it's the same company as Cingular. From what I know about Cingular, it was formed from SBC and Bellsouth wireless companies, and they recently bought AT&T Wireless. For the most part they are an entity of their own. I am pretty sure they are US Based only however.