Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I have a Cingular Treo 650 (unlocked by Cingular) on which I have recently installed the correct Cingular 1.15 Updater.

Since that install, the Treo seems to stop sending my voice anywhere from a few seconds to a couple of minutes into a call.

I can clearly hear the called party at all times and in all cases was in an area with high signal strength.

The battery indicator shows a full charge.

While this could certainly be coincidental with the updaqte, what else could cause this behavior?

I have tried a soft reset to no avail.

Jim
    Are you using the built-in mic, a wired headset, or a wireless headset? Do you have the same problem regardless of whether you're using the built-in mic or a headset?
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I am using the built-in mic and have not tried other configurations. The Treo is now with palmOne service.
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    I think the problem is with the cingular update itself. I think this is, in my limited opinion, the worst update to date for the t650. I have had nothing but issue since I updated and was forced to revert back to the ROW update which seems to have limited to no problems by comparison. I have been very happy since I went back and will probably never use a cingular update again, at least not when it comes out of the shoot. If I ever do go back, I will make sure it is tested well by the general population first.

just my opinion

rob
    I'm having this precise same problem with the microphone after installing the update. I called Cingular, and they're sending me a new Treo. This seems to be Cingular's answer to every problem with Treo. This will be my third, and I'm so excited. Not.
    Last edited by Lobosolo; 08/03/2005 at 09:25 PM.
    Similar problems for me. Cingular also replaced my Treo. Check this thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...852#post761852
    can anyone who has received a replacement cingular treo for this issue confirm that replacing the hardware actually fixed it? can the replacement device run 1.15 without this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by nofoo
    can anyone who has received a replacement cingular treo for this issue confirm that replacing the hardware actually fixed it? can the replacement device run 1.15 without this problem?
    I have not dared to do so. Waiting for a replacement really disrupts my business. I wil wait for more feedback.
    I had the same problem. It started the day after I installed the upgrade. I just took the phone back to the B&M store I bought it from and they replaced it (my third T650 replacement now) because it hadn't been 30 days yet. I updated this one and so far its been fine. But now I have to deal with the loooooong DTMF tones that are playing havoc with my calling card calls.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I just tried this on my 650 - no problem. Screen shut down but the conversation continued. My wife, who was on the other end, also said it sounded a lot better than my past calls to her.