Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    can someone post the wad files for quake and anything else that might be needed. tia
    Quote Originally Posted by merlin3
    can someone post the wad files for quake and anything else that might be needed. tia
    that's what i'm lookin' for.

I'd prefer hexen's wad myself as that game is far different from the other two (at least the way I remembered them...nostalgic video games).
    thanks for the virtual keyboard hint.
    What about the other button on screen ? it brings up a window saying "enter a command"

and can anyone please post the cheat codes ?
    I tried it also on my wife's Treo 600 and it works !

But because of the screen resolution (160x160) only a quarter of the screen is seen.

Is there a custom zdoomz version for that resolution ? If not, maybe I could request it from the developer. Does anyone know how to reach him ?
    Is it possible to get the entire game instead of the demo version? I have the old DOS version of Doom, can I use the .wad files from that? Has anyone tried it yet?
    nothing new about other wad files and/or cheat codes ?
    I've tried some other Doom/Doom2 wads. So far, they do not work. I have the doom1 wad working but when I reach the end of the first level, the game crashes. Does anyone else have this happening? I am using UDMH.
    Quote Originally Posted by sndtubes
    I have the doom1 wad working but when I reach the end of the first level, the game crashes. Does anyone else have this happening? I am using UDMH.
    I don't have that problem. How much free ram / db cache do you have ?
    mine is like this :
    - free ram : 14MB
    - free db cache : 10.2MB
    - free dynamic heap : unlimited (UDMH)
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by sndtubes
    I've tried some other Doom/Doom2 wads. So far, they do not work. I have the doom1 wad working but when I reach the end of the first level, the game crashes. Does anyone else have this happening? I am using UDMH.
    if you get a memory error (the one that pops up in the middle of the screen) when you start the game, you can count on it crashing after the first level. I had to add zdoomz to the list of programs in UDMH, and with the free version you need to go enable UDMH each time.

The other question about wads - in theory you should be able to use the wads from your registered doom version - but, as noted, many other wads do not work.
    What about cheat codes and a way to use them in zdoomz ?

about the other button on screen ? it brings up a window saying "enter a command"
    Well, I now have Doom, Quake and Hexen working, so here's how they work:

Doom. Memory errors when loading, but other than that it works fine.

Quake. Very nice, but no full screen mode.

Hexen. Not quite stable. Occasional unexpected soft reset. Cannot save a game. It needs too many controls - you simply cannot assign screen areas/keys for them all, so you have to live without some. Too bad, because the game is pretty cool.

All games require a soft reset after every time in the game or it won't launch a second time. The error is an "unzipping" error, but it looks like it's really a memory error with NVRAM Cache not properly released (as opposed to Dynamic Memory that dbCache handles).

I have not tried any other files other than the demo/shareware files.

If I knew what I was doing, I'd make them all work properly, but I do not have the time to work at it.
    westronic,

Did you play Quake on zdoomz or zquake ?

Where did you get the shareware/demo game for Quake ? Is there an easy download ?
    If not,
    On P2P I find too many quake files, but I don't know the size. What is your shareware game size ?

thx
    Quote Originally Posted by ilkeraktuna
    westronic,

Did you play Quake on zdoomz or zquake ?

Where did you get the shareware/demo game for Quake ? Is there an easy download ?
    If not,
    On P2P I find too many quake files, but I don't know the size. What is your shareware game size ?

thx
    Quake is played on zquake.

It looks like the demo can found be on http://www.idsoftware.com/games/quak...e_section=demo and probably elsewhere. I do not remember where I got it.
    has anyone tried 2 player on TCP/IP ?
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic
    Quake is played on zquake.

It looks like the demo can found be on http://www.idsoftware.com/games/quak...e_section=demo and probably elsewhere. I do not remember where I got it.
    well I got the game there. I extracted it and got the PAK0.PAK file. Put that under PALM/Programs/Zquake

But it does not show up in the PAK list under zquake...

Which file should I place under that folder ?

edit:
    I found it :
    # WARNING pak files from original quake have to go in /PALM/Programs/ZQuake/ID1
    Last edited by ilkeraktuna; 08/16/2005 at 03:46 PM.
    well I got the game there. I extracted it and got the PAK0.PAK file. Put that under PALM/Programs/Zquake

But it does not show up in the PAK list under zquake...

Which file should I place under that folder ?
    In the same place, but inside a folder called ID1.
  17.    #37  
    has anyone tried 2 player on TCP/IP ?
    I saw somewhere mention of a version of zdoomz that worked 2 player over bluetooth. Havent seen it again or tried it.
    does anyone know what is "DAA" on Zquake , and what is "PWAD list" on Zdoomz ?

also anyone with success inmultplayer game ? (BT or TCP/IP)

edit:
    I guess, for TCP/IP we'll need to install a server on some PC connected to internet.
    Where can I find files needed for server installation ?
    Last edited by ilkeraktuna; 08/16/2005 at 04:29 PM.
    I tried Prydon pak at the following address:
    http://www.inside3d.com/prydongate/

But it was unsuccessful. IT seems to begin (new menus, fonts etc) but game begins from the standart point.
    How do you exit back out to the Palm OS?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast