1.    #1  
    I know it's been a while since I've posted actively on here, and I was sure to do plenty of research beforehand (I'm already a moderator at PalmInfocenter, so I have the Palm side of things down). My new precious arrived today:
    http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/4751/img0009a0wd.jpg

So... my question is, what do you reccomend (don't link me to a bunch of other threads, I've read them) software and accessory-wise. Money's not an issue, so fire away!

Happily Treo-ing
    Captain Hair
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    test
    MadSuburbanDad
    Diary of a Mad Suburban Dad
    Selected "Best of MSN" Website
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by MadSuburbanDad
    test
    Congratulations, you've posted.

Oh, I thought I'd add: I already have Pocket Tunes (basic), Butler, TreoGuard, and an assortment of games.
    Last edited by Derek Kessler; 08/02/2005 at 10:48 PM.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Congrats on the new Treo. I still have the 600. Thinking about upgrading, but not sure if the better screen and blue tooth are worth the plunge. Did you have the 600 before? If so, what convinced you to make the switch? Thanks.
    MadSuburbanDad
    Diary of a Mad Suburban Dad
    Selected "Best of MSN" Website
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by MadSuburbanDad
    Congrats on the new Treo. I still have the 600. Thinking about upgrading, but not sure if the better screen and blue tooth are worth the plunge. Did you have the 600 before? If so, what convinced you to make the switch? Thanks.
    I did not. I came over from a Tungsten T3. Great machine. Anyway, the screen and bluetooth actually did help sway me to the Treo. After getting an extended fondle session with one a few weeks ago, I was convinced (before that I was just enticed). It is definently worth the buy.
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Start with Handmark Express. It has the Phone book, Map, News Browser that is very configurable. there are other apps that are free that do virtually the same thing, but not as well or as neatly.

Upgrade to Ptunes Deluxe and get a 2-in-1 adaptor from Seido and some Entyomotic (sp?) Pro quallity Headphones.Streaming audio and music from your 2 Gb card ( hey money no object remember)

Next Z launcher to run programs directly from the card and customize your displays.

Agendus if you need to integrate your PIM's.

Volume Care or better yet Profile care are MUST HAVE!!

A good BT Headset.

I'll post more later.

Welcome (back?) to the Treo Family. You've already found the best source for info right here.

and to quote gtwo

Cheers,
    Dragonman
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman
    Start with Handmark Express. It has the Phone book, Map, News Browser that is very configurable. there are other apps that are free that do virtually the same thing, but not as well or as neatly.
    I'll look into that.

Upgrade to Ptunes Deluxe and get a 2-in-1 adaptor from Seido and some Entyomotic (sp?) Pro quallity Headphones.Streaming audio and music from your 2 Gb card ( hey money no object remember)
    I already have a 1 GB Sandisk Ultra II +USB, so I don't think I'll be getting a new card anytime soon.

Next Z launcher to run programs directly from the card and customize your displays.
    To be perfectly honest, I've never really like ZLauncher, but it may be neccessary now. Coming from a T3 I'm going to have some memory issues.

Volume Care or better yet Profile care are MUST HAVE!!
    Already have Volume Care

A good BT Headset.
    Opinions on the Palm BT headset? I'm qualified to get a free one.

Welcome (back?) to the Treo Family. You've already found the best source for info right here.
    Good to be here.
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Reviews here for the PalmOne headset have been very positive. Since it's free try it, if you don't like it you can always get another one.

Other Programs:
    BackUpBuddy Pro
    Minutes plus- free
    Db scan-free.

Make sure you get the Dataviz tool to move Docs to Go to the card saving almost 4 Mb of precious RAM.

I like the Splash apps, the photo program is another must. MUCH faster reading of images from the card than the built in app.

TCPMP-free-watch movies on the Treo.

You might want to look into an uninstaller just too keep RAM nice and tidy.

Cheers,
    Dragonman
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
  9.    #9  
    Reviews here for the PalmOne headset have been very positive. Since it's free try it, if you don't like it you can always get another one.
    We shall see.
    Other Programs:
    BackUpBuddy Pro
    Minutes plus- free
    Db scan-free.

Make sure you get the Dataviz tool to move Docs to Go to the card saving almost 4 Mb of precious RAM.
    I just grabbed PowerRun, so that solved one problem. As for backups, I already have the Softick CardBackup, so I'm set there. Minutes plus, everything on my plan is in unlimited quanities, no worries there. Now.. Db scan, I couldn't find that, what's it do?

Also, I had the Dataviz tool at one point (problems on the T3), but seem to have lost it... where might I find it, and is there any kind of performance hit with it (I do lots of word processing).

I like the Splash apps, the photo program is another must. MUCH faster reading of images from the card than the built in app.

TCPMP-free-watch movies on the Treo.

You might want to look into an uninstaller just too keep RAM nice and tidy.
    I'll give the Splash apps a look, TCPMP I already have (what kind of Palm-head would I be otherwise?). I'kk also check out uninstallers.

Thanks for the help!
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Im been lurking for a while. got my Sprint 650 on 07/18...
    quick question - best place to get the free apps (like Minutes Plus)?
    A search here (Forums) should bring both Minutes Plus and Dbscan up.

try the following for great freeware:
    www.mytreo.net
    www.freewarepalm.com

and to quote gtwo
    Tech Tool!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...0&page=3&pp=20

MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Thanks for the link, but I'm afraid that the delay with opening card-borne D2G is just too much for me. I was spoiled by my T3 in that regard.
    Frank Lloyd Wright