Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by vettenorlando
    Thats interesting... how does it retain the original "FROM" because when you forward it to FASTMAIL your mail account now becomes the "FROM" doesn't it? and if you get it on your treo and hit reply you would be replying to the person in the "FROM"
    You're one of those kids that always asked "WHY?" aren't you?

Trust us. If you have your e-mail provider's SERVER do the forwarding, the e-mail headers will be formatted so that it will appear that the e-mail came from the original sender. You won't see your forwarding at all. The mail will just show up as if the original sender sent the mail to Fastmail.

See my post above.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    ok my server email is iMail... is there a special rule to setup???
    ok my server email is iMail... is there a special rule to setup???
    I'm not familiar with iMail. However, most e-mail providers offer some kind of web interface where you can set up mail forwarding. Are you running the iMail server yourself or do you subscribe to a provider?
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    i subscribe, and I think i found the forward thing, i haven't test it yet... i just set up a fastmail account and now setting up chatter.

I have a question though... how will it sync my messages between my treo, my real mail, and fastmail... I also download my messages to outlook... will all of these remain in sync???
    i subscribe, and I think i found the forward thing, i haven't test it yet... i just set up a fastmail account and now setting up chatter.

I have a question though... how will it sync my messages between my treo, my real mail, and fastmail... I also download my messages to outlook... will all of these remain in sync???
    yeesh, I should be in bed by now.

First make sure you are forwarding from imail(?), and not having fastmail fetch it.

Look for a setting in iMail to leave a copy on the server, this way you will still have the email on their server. (And now, Outlook still has something to get.)

As far as getting it to your Treo, just fill in the blanks when you set up Chatter:
    Define
    IMAP Server mail.messagingengine.com
    Login name (with @fastmail.fm)

Deliver
    check Sync Messages

Other:
    Create an SMTP if you wish (your imail SMTP server)
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    yep i think i have it all working now acutally everything except for leaving a copy on the server from the forward... i got to find that now...

once i get that, will everything remain in sync with each other? i can still log into imail via the web, have outlook get my imail via the pop and shouldn't haven't to log into fastmail at all right?

I have the forwarding working but its not a rule, should I be using a rule... it had a page that simply asked if I wanted to forward but doesn't have an option to leave the mail on the server... hmmmm
    As long as there is still a copy on your server, Outlook will have something to get, and everything will be like before. Since I know nothing of iMails settings, you may want to test it, send a message to yourself from a Yahoo account or something to see if it leaves a copy.

As to fastmails site, I do log in from time to time. Maintanence stuff, check how much storage I have available, etc...that's about it.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    sweet... ok i got everything working... the only thing that isn't working is that i have messages in my inbox in chatter that aren't in my inbox on outlook... i also have messages that were in my chatter inbox that i deleted, and they aren't delete in my outlook inbox because they were downloaded from imail... is that normal?
    I'm trying to follow this as best I can,
    sweet... ok i got everything working... the only thing that isn't working is that i have messages in my inbox in chatter that aren't in my inbox on outlook...
    So...perhaps iMail is not keeping a copy after it forwards?
    i also have messages that were in my chatter inbox that i deleted, and they aren't delete in my outlook inbox because they were downloaded from imail... is that normal?
    I'm assuming iMail is a POP server. So any changes you make through chatter/fastmail won't have any effect on your Outlook inbox. I guess if you really want everything to sync, have Outlook also get your fastmail. I do that myself. If I delete a message in Outlook, it deletes off of Chatter in about 3 seconds.

ahh... i iwll try having outlook go after fastmail... I got everything else working... so don't shoot me for this... but wouldn't it be easier with blackberry? My treo has been giving me all kinds of problems and I have been on the teeter... getting the mail working is a huge step forward, but i have to wonder.
    ahh... i iwll try having outlook go after fastmail... I got everything else working... so don't shoot me for this... but wouldn't it be easier with blackberry? My treo has been giving me all kinds of problems and I have been on the teeter... getting the mail working is a huge step forward, but i have to wonder.
    ARRGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!

I guess if all you want to do is email, a BB is better suited. The Treo is a more flexible device though.

Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Vettenorlando -

Even with BB configured with your pop3 iMail account you won't have online access from any internet connection. The underlying issue is the that you are using a pop3 account for email access as opposed to an IMAP account with the IDLE command (ie. fastmail). What Insertion was trying to do is create a patch that enables you to access your iMail account on a PUSH basis in real time with Chatter. To optimize your setup all you need to do is spend $20/yr and have fastmail host your email account and corresponding sub-folders. You can do this easily when you set up fastmail with Outlook, just copy over to new IMAP sub-folders for all your existing mail accounts. And for the $20/yr you get 600mb of storage and access to fastmail's smtp (mail.messagingengine.com).

If you follow this set up, you will have real-time push with Chatter, IMAP based email with Outlook, and through the fastmail web portal access to 100% of your email (including sub-folders). The best part is that all of your email is 100% sync'd all the time - anything you do on Chatter would be reflected in Outlook or the web portal, etc... To get this setup with BB you would need Microsoft Exchange and the BES server licenses ($4,000+server+IT).

Hope this helps.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12