Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok....I am a blackberry 7250 user and I am looking to switch to the palm treo 650 here is my delema. I am a heavy email user I use the push email everyday for work. Right now I am forwarding my work email to a blackberry webclient to get my push email. I like all of the other features of the 650 but the only thing i am still a little unsure about is the email feature. Can anyone Help? I need some advise.
    Do a search here for chatteremail and check out chatteremail.com.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    if u use imap. look at chattermail for push.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    chattermail!!!!!
  5.    #5  
    I have the 7250 but want to switch. Has anyone had the luxury of using both and have any reccomenations? I am a heavy email user.
    Just in case no one answers you...

CHATTERMAIL
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Sprint Business Connect
    Cingular Xpress Mail

Other soultions from Seven.com (I think Verizon has one too). The simple implementation is free and is push e-mail. Worth trying.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    which email app do you plan on using with the Treo 650?
  9.    #9  
    I don't know.... I am new to the Treo I want to find out if there is one I can use. Right know things are set up with my blackberry like this. My work email comes in to the office and is forwarded to a blackberry webclient that pushes it to my handheld. Dose Chattermail work the same way where I can forward my work email to an address and have it sent to my handheld?

Thanks for the help
  10.    #10  
    I currently have the 7250 and use it heavly for email. Just want to know that I can use the treo in the same way. Right now i am having my work email forwarded to a blackberry webclient which pushes it to my handheld. It is another email address but it alows user to reply to my work address instead of the webclient address. Will I be able to do the same with the 650?
  11.    #11  
    I really just need to know if I can do this.
  12.    #12  
    ok let me just clarify one thing I don't even know if I am using the push email feature on my blackberry because i am not using the enterprise server. All I want to know is if i can get my email the same way i am getting it now?
    There is also a Chattermail forum here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69
    Marc aka mblank, (the Developer) is very active here, and is one of the most helpful developers you'll ever deal with.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I praise you for you Monkey MODishness. Are you practicing? Did you get an offer?
  15.    #15  
    I have a question. Right now i am using i blackberry 7250 and i use it for email alot. I get my email on it by forwarding my work email to a blackberry webclient address and it pushes it to my handheld. can i do this on the treo?
    I used a BlackBerry 7100t for a year, relying heavily on email. I just switched to a Treo 650. What people are telling you here is correct: ChatterEmail is wonderful, delivering push to the Treo (if your IMAP server supports the IDLE command). I get my email on the Treo just as fast as I ever did on the BlackBerry. Plus a lot more: it's true IMAP, giving me enormous control over folders on the server and more. Plus, ChatterEmail is chock full of configuration controls that enable me to do live push when I want, periodic checks when that's more appropriate, manual checks, attachment support, all within the (for me) much more capable Palm platform.

With ChatterEmail I haven't looked back at the 7100t as far as email is concerned. It's BETTER than I was getting before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I praise you for you Monkey MODishness. Are you practicing? Did you get an offer?
    An offer? I wouldn't exactly call it an offer.

Quote Originally Posted by mlorigo
    I have a question. Right now i am using i blackberry 7250 and i use it for email alot. I get my email on it by forwarding my work email to a blackberry webclient address and it pushes it to my handheld. can i do this on the treo?
    If you can do it on a Cracka Berry, you should be able to do it with a treo with fastmail or use chatter direct to your mail server if it support the "idle" command.
    Palm V -> Pocket PC -> Treo 650 GSM
    ----------------- ^
    Slipped to the "Dark Side" for a while, But I'm back
    Yes.

My mail is forwarded to Fastmail.us which sends it to Chatter on my Treo.
    Right. All you need is an IMAP host that supports the IDLE command. fastmail.fm, fusemail.com, and everyone.net are popular choices.

Marc
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast