Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1.    #1  
    i love having wikipedia on my treo650..i use mobipocket, but there is one great disatvantage with that app..
    when i close it, while an artice is still opened and then launch the mobipocket again and try to go back to the searchline for wikipedia using the "back"-key, i get into the library. so my only chance is to pull out my stylus and tap the small symbol on top..which really suxx.
    isn't there another app which can read the wikipedia files? tried tomeraider, but it is much worse..
  2. kjk
    kjk is offline
    kjk's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    #2  
    You can try iPedia (http://www.arslexis.com)
    InfoMan - wireless information agent
    iPedia - wireless encyclopedia
    iNoah - wireless dictionary

    http://www.arslexis.com - software for Palm and Treo
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by sickboy
    i love having wikipedia on my treo650..i use mobipocket, but there is one great disatvantage with that app..
    when i close it, while an artice is still opened and then launch the mobipocket again and try to go back to the searchline for wikipedia using the "back"-key, i get into the library. so my only chance is to pull out my stylus and tap the small symbol on top..which really suxx.
    isn't there another app which can read the wikipedia files? tried tomeraider, but it is much worse..
    Can I ask you sickboy how you get mobipocket to work with wikipedia as I'mnot having any success with Tomeraider?
  4. #4  
    Have any of you tried this site?
    Mobile Answers

    Its a mobile version of this site
    Answers.com

    all the info you could ever want, and its FREE
    Last edited by Franko515; 08/24/2005 at 04:31 AM.
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

    Palm Pre (Sprint)
  5. #5  
    Just goto this site on the Treo to borwse pda version of wikipedia:

    http://pda.en.wapedia.org/
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  6. #6  
    gfunk, the link you gave doesn't work.

    56734
    MadSuburbanDad
    Diary of a Mad Suburban Dad
    Selected "Best of MSN" Website
  7. #7  
    I carry the 1/2 gig version around for TomeRaider. Faster then going online, but with the caveat that it is from Jan 2005 and as such is not as up-to-date as being online.

    Works for me, YMMV.
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, Sergeant, USMC
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by MadSuburbanDad
    gfunk, the link you gave doesn't work.

    56734

    Works for me on blazer? Are trying to access it via desktop? I can't access it either via firfox or IE, but it does go through on the Treo via blazer...

    http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3421
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Works for me on blazer? Are trying to access it via desktop? I can't access it either via firfox or IE, but it does go through on the Treo via blazer...

    http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3421
    just tried to access it through my PDA and i couldn't
  10. #10  
    found another wiki site no images though better than nothing, wapipedia.org
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by naturefreak85
    just tried to access it through my PDA and i couldn't

    I dunno what to tell ya. I can access http://pda.en.wapedia.org/ on my Treo using blazer just fine. In fact here are some screenshots below to show it...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Gaurav; 08/25/2005 at 09:05 AM.
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by naturefreak85
    found another wiki site no images though better than nothing, wapipedia.org

    Uhh...that's the same site I thinked to above!
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  13. #13  
    different spelling though, doesn't look like your screen shots either
  14. #14  
    Just to update this thread: There is another cool wikipedia reader for palm os new called Quickipedia from standalone.com.

    http://standalone.com/palmos/quickipedia/
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  15. #15  
    Thanks G. I'll give it a try. Do you know off hand if you can edit articles with this? I doubt it. But I've been contributing to Wikipedia for a long time and it'd be nice to be able to quickly edit an article from the Treo.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Thanks G. I'll give it a try. Do you know off hand if you can edit articles with this? I doubt it. But I've been contributing to Wikipedia for a long time and it'd be nice to be able to quickly edit an article from the Treo.

    Not dircetly. But Quickepedia can save a cache of very link you load on the SD card in html! I was then able to open the html via Resco explorer from the /palm/programs/QWki folder with blazer. You could probably do the same thing with any html editor like Torpedao, SiED etc as well. How you would upload the html back to wikipedia though I another matter and I couldn't help ya with that one!
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Just goto this site on the Treo to borwse pda version of wikipedia:

    http://pda.en.wapedia.org/
    For what it's worth, I just tried this link, and it works fine for me through Blazer as well. Thanks - I was looking for a better way to view Wikipedia on my Palm!

Posting Permissions