Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    ..just explain please! doesn't it only provide fonts for fonts4os5(and others) and in addition to that give the possibility to convert windows fonts?
    so how does it make a sense? will the font not work anymore after some time or what?
    Quote Originally Posted by sickboy
    ..just explain please! doesn't it only provide fonts for fonts4os5(and others) and in addition to that give the possibility to convert windows fonts?
    so how does it make a sense? will the font not work anymore after some time or what?
    Fonts4OS5 will allow you to use different fonts in different apps, but not to use antialiased fonts.

FontSmoother will allow you to use antialiased fonts, but you can choose only a single "global" font for all apps.

Useing the two together, you can have different fonts in different apps while using antialiased fonts.
    fonts4os5 plus font smoother rocks!!

do a search for some posts by me. I posted some screenshots previously if you want to take a look.
    I may be wrong but I think the OP is asking why anyone would BUY it, not why they would use it. He seems to be asking how the fonts will "expire" like a trial program would.

If that's the question, my answer is BECAUSE KARMA IS A B*TCH....do the right thing.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    He seems to be asking how the fonts will "expire" like a trial program would.
    Fontsmoother doesn't provide fonts, it renders anti-aliased fonts properly. Without it (and with just Fonts4OS5), the anti-aliased fonts are pixelized.
    Palm Vx -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    I may be wrong but I think the OP is asking why anyone would BUY it, not why they would use it. He seems to be asking how the fonts will "expire" like a trial program would.

If that's the question, my answer is BECAUSE KARMA IS A B*TCH....do the right thing.
    But fontsmoother says it only works for 8 days so yes, it will expire like a trial program would right?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    But fontsmoother says it only works for 8 days so yes, it will expire like a trial program would right?
    Mostly true. From the FontSmoother developer:

"After the 8 days, font smoothing should remain in effect for free in the following applications: PalmBible+, BibleThumper, Bible Explorer with You, Bible with You, OliveTree Bible Reader, Concordance with You, myBible, BibleReadme, Universalis Liturgy of the Hours, and Virtual Rosary."
    Separation of Church and Palm?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    okeydokey i need some help

so i installed the following

1. Fonts4OS5
    2. Fontsmoother within YAHM

With Fonts4OS5 on it looks great...but then when i turn on both fontsmoother and fonts4os5 the quality looks crappy.

What am I doing wrong...which fonts should i be uploading...the ones included in the Fontsmoother zip file or the Fonts4OS5 zip...please help the mofo
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    which fonts should i be uploading...the ones included in the Fontsmoother zip file or the Fonts4OS5 zip...
    Try the fonts in the Fonts4OS5_fonts directory of the Fontsmoother distribution.
    Quote Originally Posted by plaut
    Try the fonts in the Fonts4OS5_fonts directory of the Fontsmoother distribution.
    okeydokey and I have them both turned on right?
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    okeydokey and I have them both turned on right?
    yes, both Fontsmoother (via YAHM) and Fonts4OS5 need to be active. You then use Fonts4OS5 to set a new default font and/or assign fonts to specific apps.
    hmm..i wish i could send you a pic of the screen then...cause i have them both active...and when its highlighted under an app the text is ultra-distorted, when Keyguard Time + is summoned..the shadowing etc and what not makes it hard to read let alone see the text...
    Use Snap and take a screenshot mofo
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Use Snap and take a screenshot mofo
    yes i know about the app...ahh what the heck..i will email it to myself now...pleasre hold
    here you go. Not the best pic in the world but it shows what i mean on a highlighted icon

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/7...d08b7yr.th.png

i would upload a pic of what keyguard time looks like but i cant get a picture from there
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Same issue here. Anyone know why?

Thanks.

Joe
    you know why (i got mine working fine)...the darkness has to be set to the darkest...oddly enough
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Here is what I got from emailing TS....

"Does the 16-bit force option help?

Have you tried a different color scheme? I suggest one where the text color is different from the highlight color.

Alex"

I have not had time to mess with it. I will give what you say a try.

Thanks.

Joe
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast