Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So I tried to use this program I had not tried in quite awhile - Fotogather - and it sent my Treo into an endless loop that I could not break out of except for a hard reset. So after trying to break out fo the reset loop for about 10 minutes, I did a hard reset and restored using Resco Explorer's Restore. Lucky for me, I backed up just a few days ago, and Resco restored my Java VM and Webviewer perfectly (unlike other backup programs that always messed these two up). YIPPEE!
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    that's great news...I just bought explorer....thanks for posting!
    Resco is great. I've used both Explorer and Picture Viewer on my Pocket PC's for years. Explorer was one of the first programs I looked for when I got my first Treo.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Yup....I've got both of them as well. They were the first things I bought. They are hands down the best applications for your phone - at least valuewise!
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor
    So I tried to use this program I had not tried in quite awhile - Fotogather - and it sent my Treo into an endless loop that I could not break out of except for a hard reset. So after trying to break out fo the reset loop for about 10 minutes, I did a hard reset and restored using Resco Explorer's Restore. Lucky for me, I backed up just a few days ago, and Resco restored my Java VM and Webviewer perfectly (unlike other backup programs that always messed these two up). YIPPEE!
    That is definitely great news for Java restoration. What about notepad and Voicememo that's extracted from LifeDrive? Well I have Explorer so I guess I'll give it a try.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Resco is great. I've used both Explorer and Picture Viewer on my Pocket PC's for years. Explorer was one of the first programs I looked for when I got my first Treo.
    i have been hearing lots about resco explorer and i am testing it now, but why would anybody want a picture viewer? is it different from the one that comes pre-installed? does it do more?
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Because the built in picture viewer is slower than molasses. They should have renamed it "Please Wait" since that's what you see most of the time
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Because the built in picture viewer is slower than molasses. They should have renamed it "Please Wait" since that's what you see most of the time
    Hehehe, well there's your answer Franko. I only use Viewer on my PPC. For my Treo, I use AcidImage.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I tried Resco Backup (which should use the same backup engine as Resco Explorer) and it didn't restore the Java VM. Are you sure your's really worked?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by wcarlson40
    I tried Resco Backup (which should use the same backup engine as Resco Explorer) and it didn't restore the Java VM. Are you sure your's really worked?
    Yes I am sure it worked, because WebViewer and Kmaps worked after the restore. Up to now, I had to reinstall the Java VM, get a new code for WebViewer...and I would lose all my WebViewer bookmarks. I did not use Resco Backup, but the backup tool in Resco Explorer. I don't know anything about Resco Backup.

I'm on a Treo 600, BTW...
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by wcarlson40
    I can vouche for this. Did a hard reset earlier and used Resco Explorer and it did a full restore including Java. Didn't restore my media though so I lost all that.
    Yeah Resco apps are great. I use both Resco Viewer (which imo is by far the BEST image viewer for palmos period) and Resco explorer. Resco Backup makes a very nice triad of great Resco apps. Also Resco backup also restores pics taken with cam which other backup apps don't do!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Has anyone successfully restored VoiceDial using Explorer?
    ok i checked out resco explorer and it is as good as people say. its better than filez, the builtin pic viewer, backupbuddy, handzipper and even has some zlauncher type properties. i really like the fact that all these things are in one nice package (also not to bad on the eyes ) BUT i am very cheap, so i am gonna keep filez, builtin pic viewer, backupbuddy, handzipper and i was not saying it could replace zlauncher, just sayin it had some of the features ie. drag and drop, launching apps (kinda sorta, its not a launcher though) anyway. yes its great i had no problems at all and was very happy using it, now if i could just use it for fr........ . nevermind, dont wanna open that can of worms
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Question ?

Is the Resco backup on Explorer the same backup program as Resco Backup or is the individual backup program more complete , and can you restore individual files with either or both and can you set automatic backups?
    I just installed trial version of Explorer and am very impressed. I have been using FileZ.

I noticed one issue, I was uanable to delete certain files as Explorer reported the file was running (it was a stray Agendus file left over from previous uninstall). I was able to delete in FileZ w/ no problem.
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
    Try a soft reset and try deleting again. Or do a warm reset and you should be able to delete
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Try a soft reset and try deleting again. Or do a warm reset and you should be able to delete
    tried a soft reset and still couldnt delete....FileZ worked fine.
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
    What parts of the Explorer can be installed (officially, not using a 3rd party launcher) on the SD card?

How much RAM does it occupy when installed in RAm vs on card?

The RAM freed-up by the Cingular update is dissappearing rapidly :-( as I add more apps..
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm
    Question ?

Is the Resco backup on Explorer the same backup program as Resco Backup or is the individual backup program more complete , and can you restore individual files with either or both and can you set automatic backups?
    Resco Backup can do automated backups; Resco Expl. can't. It's also speedier. See comparison chart here:

http://www.resco.net/palm/backup/
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast