View Poll Results: Are you using 1.08 or 1.12?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am using 1.08

7 11.48%
  • I am using 1.12

52 85.25%
  • I am using 1.08 and cant wait to upgrade to 1.12

1 1.64%
  • I am using 1.12 and will be going back to 1.08

1 1.64%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    There seems to be a battery drain issue with 1.12.
    Is that enough of a problem for you to stay or revert back to 1.08?
    I am considering the move back.

Which firmware are you currently using?
    No problems with 1.12...if anything, the battery seems better to me. Perhaps battery drain is caused if people didn't have a full charge when they performed the upgrade flash?
    1.08 is fairly stable for me, so I've been reluctant to update to 1.12. Would be interested to hear other's experience, both good and bad.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    1.12 is the only firmware that never resets on me. No battery problems at all. IMHO 1.12 is the most stable firmware of the three I have used.
    1.12 is working fine for me.
    I'm getting this crash at least once a day now, w/1.12. Still trying to figure it out.

edit: Yes, I am using a modded ROM.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Insertion; 08/02/2005 at 05:12 PM.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Maybe 1.12 somehow exposed a flaw in some T650s? I know that's what happend with one of the updates for the T600.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell
    Maybe 1.12 somehow exposed a flaw in some T650s? I know that's what happend with one of the updates for the T600.
    I dunno. I thought it was BT related at first. It happens when i end a call via the red phone button. However the message above was using a wired headset (same scenario, red hard button to disconnect.)

I can usually tell when it will occur. Things go amock. For instance with the last 377, shortly before i hung up, most of my onscreen icons disappeared. The "Hang Up" icon was there, but the Hold and Dialpad icons had vanished. I knew I was doomed.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I'm stickin with 1.8 so far. Very stable for me and have no complains bout battery life so far
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz
    I'm stickin with 1.8 so far. Very stable for me and have no complains bout battery life so far
    I haven't had any of the battery problems some have reported. I do run Chatter and Vericrash all day, so I take a hit from those, but overall its about the same as 1.08.

But this AceSystemInterface crap is pissing me off.

1.12 here, running smooth
    HTC Touch Pro
    1.12 Seems to have increased battery life a bit to me. Either that or I am talking less. Overall it has worked great.
    1.12 here and having the battery issue but sticking with it since I charge my Treo everynight. I still find 1.08 a much more stable firmware but I just can't stand being one firmware behind...might be a personal issue...lol.
    I was on 1.12, but ended up with a refurbished 1.08 replacement that didn't solve the problem. (A hard reset and clean install fixed the problem on the replacement and probably would have fixed the problem on my original 650.) I have not rerun the updater on the replacement unit yet. It has been two weeks. I do not know what I am waiting for. . . .
    1.12 and have not crashed since 6/29/05
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
  16.    #16  
    I use 1.12 also.
    I havent had to deal with resets using 1.12 but the battery life is definitely suspect.
    I have to make sure i check it often through the day and if I have a very busy day that involves several calls and several emails i get concerned.
    But... even thats ok because i charge every night ( and throughout the day).

What i dont like is that every now and then i am assuming my network connection gets stuck and my phone will drain in 2 or 3 hours. If for some reason i dont catch it i am SOL!

In general though, my battery drains an average of 5% an hour. I use Chatter with 2 mailboxes online.
    I am interested to know what percentage of drain others are experiencing per hour.
    i work 12 hour days so my treo gets plenty use (email,web,games,books,movies,music) and my battery last all day, when i get off work im usually at about 60-65%
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by Longstrider
    I use 1.12 also.
    In general though, my battery drains an average of 5% an hour. I use Chatter with 2 mailboxes online.
    I am interested to know what percentage of drain others are experiencing per hour.
    Do you have any problems missing calls w/ Chatter? I seem to be missing more calls these days w/ Chatter online, not sure if it is a firmware thing or the newer ver of chatter. Right now I am just using qsync because I many of my calls were going straight to voicemail.

I have battery drain too but didn't have a full battery when I did the upgrade... did you guys that don't have battery problem all upgrade w/ a full battery?
    1.12 here. No battery problems. No stability problems. Kepping it mainly because of the Bluetooth car kit updates, which finally work with BMW's ULF module.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I was on 1.12, but ended up with a refurbished 1.08 replacement that didn't solve the problem. (A hard reset and clean install fixed the problem on the replacement and probably would have fixed the problem on my original 650.) I have not rerun the updater on the replacement unit yet. It has been two weeks. I do not know what I am waiting for. . . .
    Went back up to 1.12 last night.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast