1.    #1  
    I basically never use the sound on my Treo, as I think a ringing cell phone in a meeting or restaurant is just plain annoying. As a result, I am entirely dependent upon the vibrate functionality to be notified of new emails, meeting reminders, sms, and phone calls.

Since I get so many emails and meeting reminders, I often ignore a single vibration on my phone. Unfortunately this means that I will sometimes miss an incoming SMS message, or a Chat alert from VeriChat.

Is there a way to assign different vibration patterns to different events?
    This would be the best feature ever. I miss this from when I used to have an LG VX4400. It had a low, med, and high vibration settings or a combination of all three. And you KNEW when you had a call. IMO the Treo 'vibrator' (ok, what would u call it? ), is very weak. On the 650 it's located just under the space key; isn't there a way to alter the voltage or whatever would be needed to make it stronger? Come on you EE's, help us out.
    Quote Originally Posted by jocamero
    This would be the best feature ever. I miss this from when I used to have an LG VX4400. It had a low, med, and high vibration settings or a combination of all three. And you KNEW when you had a call. IMO the Treo 'vibrator' (ok, what would u call it? ), is very weak.
    I am working in this applicaiton and will have it ready within a week.

Jeff
    You are the best developer. EVER. =)

=)

-VC registered user. Thanks!
    You are the best developer. EVER. =)

=)

-VC registered user. Thanks!
    Well thanks.....

I am about 75% done with the initial coding. Would be great to get some high level requirements for what you would like to see in this application. Remember that I can *not* change the overall strength of the vibrator. I also can not stop existing applications from sending out vibration alerts 100% of the time. But I can give you some better vibrate notification control overall. So lets see where this goes....

Jeff
    butler has this feature..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    Jeff:

I am not sure if I am interested, but the obvious requirements are to vary both the length and pattern (long-short, number of vibrates before a pause, that sort of thing) of vibrates for calendar reminders, other events, phone calls, SMS messages, etc. I think it would be nice to set the length of time for a long vibrate and for a short one, and then be able to set the pattern for each kind of vibrate (phone, SMS, etc.) and the number of times to repeat the pattern.

At the same time, this would only be of value for me personally if it did not interfere with DateBK5 - though if it actually FIXED DateBK5 that would be really cool - sometimes the device will simply not vibrate.
    How about bringing back morse code? That way you could assign a unique vibrate pattern to each app(if this is possible). It could also double as an educational tool.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic
    I am not sure if I am interested, but the obvious requirements are to vary both the length and pattern (long-short, number of vibrates before a pause, that sort of thing) of vibrates for calendar reminders, other events, phone calls, SMS messages, etc. I think it would be nice to set the length of time for a long vibrate and for a short one, and then be able to set the pattern for each kind of vibrate (phone, SMS, etc.) and the number of times to repeat the pattern.
    That sums up EXACTLY what I am looking for.

SO glad to hear someone is working on this!

Thanks,
    Brian
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Another great thing would be if this app could bring BACK vibrate mode to apps that appear to be able to use it, but it doesn't work (eg, Diddlebug on the 650).
    Quote Originally Posted by pdadoc
    Another great thing would be if this app could bring BACK vibrate mode to apps that appear to be able to use it, but it doesn't work (eg, Diddlebug on the 650).
    That is exaclty what started this development effort!

Jeff
    Is it possible to change the pitch (for lack of a better word) to low, med., high (like the LG VX4400)? Maybe this would be the RPM of the vibrator? Or do phones that offer vibration of different pitch have multiple vibrators inside them?
    Is it possible to change the pitch (for lack of a better word) to low, med., high (like the LG VX4400)? Maybe this would be the RPM of the vibrator? Or do phones that offer vibration of different pitch have multiple vibrators inside them?
    The Treo does not offer those adjustments for the vibrator. I will do what I can though.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    That is exaclty what started this development effort!

Jeff
    Jeff:

I am hopeful that you will also solve my problem of my device ceasing to vibrate from time to time. Sometimes it just chooses to not vibrate. Resetting the vibrate setting in Prefs or in DateBook5 fixes it. I think, but I am not sure, that an incoming phone call also resets it back to working properly for a while.

It's very strange, intermittent and may or may not be related to Datebook5.
  15.    #15  
    Jeff - Any progress on this eagerly anticipated tool? Is there somewhere else I can check for announcements when its available?
    Quote Originally Posted by steinbr2
    Jeff - Any progress on this eagerly anticipated tool? Is there somewhere else I can check for announcements when its available?
    I am just getting to work on it again. Have been busy with VolumeCare.

jeff
    is there an update on this project? I'd love to have this capability.