1.    #1  
    PERFORMING A SOFT RESET ON THE TREO SEEMS TO HAVE SOLVED THIS. I HADN'T TRIED THIS BEFORE.

I recently purchased a USB-bluetooth device for my Dell laptop to communicate with my Treo 650. I eventually was able to communicate between the devices and complete partial Hotsyncs (it never completed a Hotsync without dropping the connection.)

Doing this, however, seems to have disrupted my ability to sync via USB. Now when I connect via USB, select the cradle option from Hotsync, and predd the sync button on the cable, I get a Windows error that a USB device is not working properly. I tried uninstalling Palm Desktop and re-installing, but the problem persists.

Under Control Panel --> Hardware the device shows up as an unknown device without a driver. Reinstalling the driver via Windows from the Treo 650 CD-ROM hasn't worked either.

Does anybody have an idea? I don't know if I have to access the registry or something more drastic.

Best,
    Michael
    Last edited by michael_darby; 08/02/2005 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Just resolved problem...