1.    #1  
    Why do I put myself through this? I should just install SnapperMail (which I own a license for).

OK, so I've got three email accounts and my inboxes were getting filled so I went and did a "select all", a "delete", and then an "empty trash" on my first email account. Then I did the same thing for email account #2. Then I did the same thing for email account #3, but on that one during the "delete" step, my Treo 650 did a soft reset. After resetting, I press the "mail" hard button and the screen flashes and then returns to the phone view. I then tried going to the home launcher screen and selected the VersaMail icon there and, again, the screen flashes and just returns to the home launcher view.

So what happened and how do I fix it?
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Try this link for info from Palm...
    Versamail crashes
  3.    #3  
    Great. It looks like FileZ is giving me grief now, too. When I click on the arrow next to "Internal" I get the following error:
    Code:
    Error: dm: Cant Open in ItemFolder::readPalmCard()e(PmNet Library)
    It still gives me the list of files. There's only two files with the creator asc3 shown (and none with asc4). If I try to delete those two files I get the following error:
    Code:
    Error: dm: ROM Based in Item::remove()d
    Any ideas?
    Are you sure you're not trying to remove ROM files? Make sure the "ROM" checkbox in the upper right corner of the FileZ screen is NOT checked. Also, perform a soft reset prior to using FileZ to make sure you unlock the files if they got stuck open during the last attempted launch of Versamail.
    Last edited by treotim; 08/03/2005 at 10:23 AM.
  5.    #5  
    Yup. I'm beginning to think that something else is hosed on my Treo and that VersaMail not working is just one symptom. I may have to do a hard reset.
    Yep, it probably is time for a hard reset then. You also may have some hardware issues. If you continue to have random unexplainable issues after the hard reset, I'd suggest asking for a replacement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Yup. I'm beginning to think that something else is hosed on my Treo and that VersaMail not working is just one symptom. I may have to do a hard reset.
    My rule is to never do a hard reset (however, it is not nearly as destructive on the 650 as it was on the 600.) Before I break my rule I uninstall any suspect programs using the native (not launcher) uninstaller and then re-install. This often fixes my problem and avoids breaking my rule.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    If you're against hard resets then I strongly suggest you abandon Versamail.
    Quote Originally Posted by aldamon
    If you're against hard resets then I strongly suggest you abandon Versamail.
    I have certainly done that. Would never have been on it had it not been for the memory problem. As soon as I upgraded to the new firmware, the first thing I did was to return to SnapperMail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Why do I put myself through this? I should just install SnapperMail (which I own a license for).

OK, so I've got three email accounts and my inboxes were getting filled so I went and did a "select all", a "delete", and then an "empty trash" on my first email account. Then I did the same thing for email account #2. Then I did the same thing for email account #3, but on that one during the "delete" step, my Treo 650 did a soft reset. After resetting, I press the "mail" hard button and the screen flashes and then returns to the phone view. I then tried going to the home launcher screen and selected the VersaMail icon there and, again, the screen flashes and just returns to the home launcher view.

So what happened and how do I fix it?
    Yes you should return to Snapper. I think everyone that uses email to the limits, quickly discovers the limitations, frustrations, with VM.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I am having the same VM crashes on my 650 in only one account but the other account is fine because I have two accounts. I am sure going to Snappermail but my question is how is Snappermail different from VM? Where can I purchase Snappermail?
    purchase at www.snappermail.com
    Snapper is just more stable. It does what it's supposed to when it's supposed to. Never could tell with VM. Crash. Won't auto fetch. Another crash. 50 old deleted messages show up in the inbox for the second time. The latest straw that finally sent me back to Snapper was a 1.5meg attachment that VM just refused to download...too big, no matter what I did. Came in like a charm with Snapper.
  13.    #13  
    Well I did a hard reset yesterday. Back to using VM temporarily, but I'll probably upgrade to the latest version of Snappermail this weekend and then do another hard reset to get rid of any VM garbage that collects between now and then.
    When u do a hard reset, do you just re-install from the Palm Desktop then? I know this is basic, but does this work or are you tranferrings problems from one to the other?
    Well typically if you begin having problems on your Treo, the good .prc or .prd would stay in your back up folder so that when you back it up, you should be all set to go.

On the email issue, I used to be a huge advocate of Snapper myself but then checked out Chatter and found it to be much more robust. They are both good, so I would definitely try the trial for Chatter as well so you get a good idea.
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com