Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    It's quite clear in the TC reviews

"When I reviewed the Seidio G4850 Car Kit, the only issue I had with it was that you could not use a Bluetooth headset with a GSM Treo 650 that was in the cradle. Seidio has since released the G2350S GPS Car Kit that removes the cradle's internal speaker, making Bluetooth conversations available again. Does the loss of the speaker mean a loss of usability? Thankfully no.

When I got the G2350S, I was concerned about voice commands since it would be using the Treo's speaker. I am happy to report that voice commands were surprisingly clear and I could still hear them over my radio's volume as long as I wasn't listening to something like "Highway to Hell" (since you have to crank up the car stereo for that song). You can adjust the volume in Tom Tom Navigator by tapping in the bottom-left of the screen. This also repeats the last voice command. "

http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/725-1.htm

In short, the 4850's speaker somewhat cripples BT headsets on GSM phones. After using the 2350, the cradle speaker seems redundant.
    Yes, I have read the reviews on TC, and that is why I was asking YOU...wondered what your experience and opinion was.
    Thanks Jack. That's the answer I was hoping for. I did look at the other mounting kits but couldn't quite tell how they worked from the pictures. The only think the G2350 is really missing is an external audio jack, but I guess you can't have it all!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12