Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    Ok renaming the extension works. No reset either. I did notice I had to press the answer button to pick up the call. Center 5 way did nothing. FYI.
    I have LightWav in ROM...perhaps that's why I'm getting the resets and you didn't. Guess I'll have to remove it from ROM.

EDIT: I removed from ROM and placed LightWav in RAM and still experiencing resets when trying to answer my renamed video files.
    Last edited by Cal; 08/02/2005 at 10:31 PM.
    -Cal
    OK got the email with the update(zip) added the code, worked. Video still trying to get it to work. I tried to download KoolSounds, as soon as I set it up my Sprint Treo 650 re-set, the problem is that it erased everything off my phone, thanks to my backup app I restored it all. Smiley88, any ideas?
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    I have Sprint and when I record and check my recorded videos with Filez or Explorer, the file extensions are 3g2. I have them stored in the DCIM folder. How do I use them in LW5.6? If I use picture all I see are the gifs, and jpegs but not the 3g2 video files I've recorded. I've read the manual but didn't help me much. It only talks about how you can use recorded video as caller ID but doesn't specify how to use it.
    on the GSM version the extension is .3gp that is how lightwav checks it by. if its in other extensions then it may not work.

is it possible for you to record a small clip and send it to support@toysoft.ca I will see if the current version can play 3g2 files.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal
    I have LightWav in ROM...perhaps that's why I'm getting the resets and you didn't. Guess I'll have to remove it from ROM.

EDIT: I removed from ROM and placed LightWav in RAM and still experiencing resets when trying to answer my renamed video files.
    if you preview the video does it crash too? did you install the new areacode database? you need it if you are using areacode info.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    on the GSM version the extension is .3gp that is how lightwav checks it by. if its in other extensions then it may not work.

is it possible for you to record a small clip and send it to support@toysoft.ca I will see if the current version can play 3g2 files.
    you've got mail
    if you preview the video does it crash too? did you install the new areacode database? you need it if you are using areacode info.
    Yes it is crashing when I preview video. It crashes when I tap the screen to stop playing the video. Also...yes I do have the newest areacode database installed.
    -Cal
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino
    OK got the email with the update(zip) added the code, worked. Video still trying to get it to work. I tried to download KoolSounds, as soon as I set it up my Sprint Treo 650 re-set, the problem is that it erased everything off my phone, thanks to my backup app I restored it all. Smiley88, any ideas?
    On mine I lost my settings trying to install LW several times since I couldn't get the video ID to work. Had to restore my Saved Prefs.
    Also it looks like some of the shortcuts works without hitting the menu button. For example when I press "v" it goes to voice prefs. Which is ok but there is a bug when I press "s" for sound prefs, one of my gif ID shows up.
    Yes it is crashing when I preview video. It crashes when I tap the screen to stop playing the video. Also...yes I do have the newest areacode database installed.
    does it crash for jpg and animated gifs and live videos?
    does it crash for jpg and animated gifs and live videos?
    No it does not crash on any of those, only the 3gp video.
    -Cal
    How did you guys rename the file? When I try I'm only allowed to change the name of the file, not the name of the file format.
    use a filemanager (filez, resco explorer etc.)
    Can you be a little more specific? I've tried to edit the files and all I am able to change is the name on my PC, and nothing using filez.
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson
    Can you be a little more specific? I've tried to edit the files and all I am able to change is the name on my PC, and nothing using filez.
    you just use a file manager that can rename files on the sd card and not just in main ram. if you change it on the PC then just copy it back using your card reader and put in back to dcim. i will post a new updat that adds .3g2 extension in the next day or so. check our website for update.
    I've done everything to get this video i.d. to work, renamed it, in all the ways possible, and doesn't work. Any other ideas?

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I am having the same problem as you Rev. I cannot change the file format. I can give it a thousand different names, but then it just becomes a file with *whatever name I give it* in 3G2 format. Even converted it to quicktime, and it became 3GPP2, still unrecognizable by lightwav.
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson
    I am having the same problem as you Rev. I cannot change the file format. I can give it a thousand different names, but then it just becomes a file with *whatever name I give it* in 3G2 format. Even converted it to quicktime, and it became 3GPP2, still unrecognizable by lightwav.
    it needs to be .3gp or .3GP as the extension and it must be in the "dcim" main folder and not subfolders.
    it needs to be .3gp or .3GP as the extension and it must be in the "dcim" main folder and not subfolders.
    Well I guess I'm a*s out until your next release, because I have no idea how to rename the file format. Thanx anyway guys!
    Smiley88 thanks! It works now. Thomasanderson, you can use filez to rename the video to .3GP and save it to DCIM folder on your card, it finally worked for me. You can also use Snappermail, add as an attachment, click on it, go to property, rename it to: .3GP, save to card in the DCIM folder, then just assign it via LightWav to any name under pictures. Hope it works for you, now.

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    No it does not crash on any of those, only the 3gp video.
    I tried a few animated gif's again today..no crashes but it takes about 3 or 4 button presses to pick up the call. So animated gif's are out for me now....still not able to use the video feature as well. Any time I answer the call with a video ID playing, my phone resets.
    -Cal
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast