1.    #1  
    Using TOMTOM Navigator 5 Bluetooth with my Sprint Treo 650, I frequently get the "No GPS device!" message. When I choose Navigate To, and select a location, the message changes to "Waiting for a valid GPS signal..."

I eventually obtain the signal by some irreproducible combination of shutting off the GPS receiver (TomTom Wireless GPS Receiver), changing my Trusted Devices on the Treo Bluetooth, and exiting and restarting Navigator, or specifying GPS hardware under the Options tab.

I would like to get the device to work correctly upon launching the application. Has anyone had this issue and found a solution?

Thanks in advance for your help!
    as it says in the instructions manual, wait for the tom tom gps unit to get a singnal, BEFORE starting the app on your treo. so just wait until the yellow light is flashing before you start the app on your treo
  3.    #3  
    Imagine following the instruction manual...what a novel concept!
    Thanks for the information; I'm getting it to work consistently now.

This forum is fantastic for finding information about the Treo and associated software hardware!
    i am having the same issue but with the holux gpslim236...

if i go to bluetooth menu, it finds the device and its under trusted devices, i tried deleting and refinding....refound with no trble

it did connect for a day with tomtom6 and worked fine but now the next day it just says waiting for a valid GPS signal....

i know the phone is finding the GPS device but why isnt TOMTOM6 recognizing it now....?

its constant, tomtom6 never finds the gps signal

tomtom6 first says connecting to GPS signal, then changes to waiting for a valid GPS signal......
    I have the same problems with my iblue 737 and iguidance. If I fiddle with it long enough it eventually works. Sometimes turning the receiver off and then back on allows the software to connect as well.

heimlich
    i left the holux sit for almost 10 minutes then the sattelite light finally went flashing, meaning that it paired to sattelites, not sure why it took so long....
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    i left the holux sit for almost 10 minutes then the sattelite light finally went flashing, meaning that it paired to sattelites, not sure why it took so long....
    Wow, that's an awfully long time.