1.    #1  
    Kind of a treo noob here, and I have a 600 that i want to update to 650. I've moved my sim card over and hooked up the new data transfer cable, but do I need to install the software that came with the 650 before synching or will the software that came with the 600 work? AND will the programs automatically reinstall after synching, or will I have to reattach the prc (?) files and synch again.

hope i'm not being vague. Thanks guys!
    You will need to install the Palm Desktop software that came with your 650.

It would also be safest to manually install all your programs, rather than trying to restore your 600 files onto the 650. Can be done, but the end result may not be pleasant.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3.    #3  
    So should I uninstall the 600 software first? Or just install the 650 software?

Thanks for the quick reply!
    check out this article...
    upgrade

Also, welcome to treocentral! You'll find that many of your questions can be answered by checking out the search tool or the FAQ's.

Often, even if you can't find a solution, the search will help you narrow it down.

(not trying to be rude, honestly just trying to help you get more out of your time here)

good luck!
    As Insertion said....a search is a wonderful thing, especially on Palm's website

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=PalmSupportKB,ts=Palm_External2001,Case=obj(14403)
  6.    #6  
    Ahhh great ! thanks guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadgetmann
    As Insertion said....a search is a wonderful thing,
    Actually, Dutch just said that, though I've been known to mention that word from time to time.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."