1.    #1  
    Does anyone know of a program that will keep the keyboard lights on whenever the screen light is on? I got real sick of my 600's lights turning off and on randomly. I will be typing something and the lights go off and on depending on which letter I press. I can push the space bar or something to make the lights come on, but that's lame. I have tried programs like brightcam which I do not like, and treo allegro which is slightly better, but I cannot find a prog that will keep the lights on ALL OF THE TIME. I don't wanna schedule them off and on, I just want them on all of the time. I could care less about battery life btw.

Thanks!
    You're not going to want them on all the time.....like in the day.

Just use a free app like keyshades and turn it on/off when you want. Maybe use Twilight to keep them on from 5PM to 1AM or whatever time you prefer.

Try both of those programs then report back.
    Keyshades isn't really applicable to the Treo 600.
  4.    #4  
    like I said I do want them on ALL OF THE TIME WHEN THE SCREEN BACKLIGHT IS ON. once again I could care less about ba\
    Does option-p do anything on your T600? On mine it dims my screen and keeps the keyboard lights on until the screen goes off.
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
  6.    #6  
    it does but it is very annoying dependin on what app I am typing in it will shut off randomly like I said and is extremely annoying. again I simply want an app to keep them on when the screen is on. I am almost sure that there is nothing in existence to do that, but I thought i'd try here and c.
    I'm relatively sure that Jeff Gibson's ProfileCare does this. Of course this is a very full featured utility and (while it does this well) this is not it's primary function. Since PC is a Profiles app, it would provide a solution for the situation mentioned by grndslm. You could have a timed or manual profile that would keep the keyboard light on whenever the screen was on, and then you could have various other profiles that would match whatever situation you found yourself in (night, driving, movies, daytime etc).
    http://tinyurl.com/dduph
    Try Treo Allegro .... manipulate by using 24 hours day time.
  9.    #9  
    treo allegro, nice, read the original post plz, profile care seems to work better, but still does not keep them on all the time when the screen is on, they shut off after a bit, like I said, I am sure nothing does this, but it is way less annoying now.
    Quote Originally Posted by k2thec
    treo allegro, nice, read the original post plz, profile care seems to work better, but still does not keep them on all the time when the screen is on, they shut off after a bit, like I said, I am sure nothing does this, but it is way less annoying now.
    Just to confirm, ProfileCare does have the ability that you mentioned you wanted. I have been using this with a Sprint Treo 650 for quite a while now and it works without fail. There is always the possibility that it just doesn't work for your particular model of phone but this is pretty unlikely. It's much more likely that you didn't configure this option correctly.

If you go to the "display" area in the profile configuration, you will see a lamp/light icon. Make sure that you set this icon to "solid yellow" and then whenever you have this particular profile on (you can always make this the default profile and then it will always be on) the kb lights will be on all the time. Hope this helps.
  11.    #11  
    thanks for your help, but it is configured correctly (solid yellow) and the lights do turn off before the screen does. I noticed later on when I was making a note in memopad that the lights shut off and came back on while I was typing. I am not sure if it is the same letters all the time that do this or if it is random. may have something to do with the alt button, but I am not sure yet, and no I am not hitting alt-p. seems to me like 600s may just be retarded in this aspect.
    Curious as to what the issue was with brightcam as it worked great for me when I had a 600 and works well for me now on my 650 with the right setup
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by k2thec
    thanks for your help, but it is configured correctly (solid yellow) and the lights do turn off before the screen does. I noticed later on when I was making a note in memopad that the lights shut off and came back on while I was typing. I am not sure if it is the same letters all the time that do this or if it is random. may have something to do with the alt button, but I am not sure yet, and no I am not hitting alt-p. seems to me like 600s may just be retarded in this aspect.
    That is unfortunate, it looks like it just may not work the way it is supposed to on the 600. Hopefully the developer of PC will fix this in an upcoming version. In the meantime, I hope you find a utility that does this for you. I can imagine how frustrating it would be to have the keyboard light constantly going off when you do not want it to.