1.    #1  
    might be a stupid question..
    but a friend told me it is possible to "flash" some mobile phones..which means completly deleting their software and bringing on new.
    is it somehow possible to delete the bugging stuff on my treo 650? (like "Quick Tour" ...)
    Yes.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    that's a great idea...let us know if you figure it out
    Maybe someone can make a tooll...

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by sickboy
    might be a stupid question..
    but a friend told me it is possible to "flash" some mobile phones..which means completly deleting their software and bringing on new.
    is it somehow possible to delete the bugging stuff on my treo 650? (like "Quick Tour" ...)
    It's called "custom ROM" and isn't for the fainthearted.

http://shadowmite.com/index.html
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    One way to "remove" the annoying stuff is to use another launcher like "Initiate" that allows you to ignore certain apps. It's like they aren't there.

I would caution you against doing a custom rom. Technically it voids your warranty and can be a real pain, all in all.
    Or Obfuscate, which is free.

Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    that's a great idea...let us know if you figure it out
    I've heard this Shadowmite guy may have something.
    I'm back!
    Unfortunately rude people have forced me to close the thread.