Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    anyone have success using the same profile for a different replacement treo-- i.e., restore the same apps and data on a different unit?

thanks.
    sure have ... for the most part everything is right back to normal
    Truth is good, knowledge is power and it's the second mouse who gets the cheese
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    If you're talking apples to apples ala 600 to 600 or 650 to 650 you can restore the new device from your most recent Hotsync. The upgrade from 600 to 650 is more complex.

Also, you can backup your device to a SD card with BackupBuddyVFS and restore that way.

One last thought, if you've loaded up your Treo with a lot of 3rd party applications, you might want to use a utility like Filez to change the default behaviour of those programs to backup.

BTW, did you do a search before posting? This topic has been covered ad nauseum.
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Well, I posted from my treo 650, and um, yeah. no excuse, I guess; but I figured you'd all be forgiving for being a regular and all

... thanks.
    Restoring from Apples to Apples might not be as painless as it looks like and I'm saying this from personal experience. A few recommendations:
    -Turn off Bluetooth and Radio
    -Disable all your Hacks
    -Exit any 3rd party Launcher (Zlauncher, etc)
    -Warm reset your Treo
    -I would strongly suggest backing up with either BackupBuddy or Resco Backup (The best for Palm)

Make sure your backup completes succesfully.

Good luck,

Al
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    -Turn off Bluetooth and Radio
    Will do.

-Disable all your Hacks
    -Exit any 3rd party Launcher (Zlauncher, etc)
    Don't have any.

-Warm reset your Treo
    That's like, reset with the battery removed/reset hole?

-I would strongly suggest backing up with either BackupBuddy or Resco Backup (The best for Palm)
    I have BackupBuddy; for some reason, TomTom (4.42) never restores properly.

Thanks!
    Yeah, you can do it. Are you going from say an older palm (ex-TT) to a Treo or something? I've had a few problems with it before but nothing major. I've migrated from computer to computer using a palm to get all my contact over and dates *** well as synced a new palm with the same user name. You actually don't even need to type in a user name in the new palm. It just askes you to choose between new user or the user name last used.
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Third (Treo 650-to-Treo-650) replacement coming. For posterity, I think last time I simply moved my Backup folder, and restored apps that way.

Sigh.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iomatic
    Third (Treo 650-to-Treo-650) replacement coming. For posterity, I think last time I simply moved my Backup folder, and restored apps that way.

Sigh.
    Just to verify are you going from say a blackberry to a treo or maybe from an
    I-Pod to a treo?
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    No, actually it's a Saab to Treo.

It seems I need to clarify (if you read the other posts).
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Fifth @#$% replacement.

Hint: Setup MissingSync to overwrite handheld before syncing to avoid erasure.

They've really got to stop replacing these with defective refurbs...
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Bump.

Just wanted to point out I'm still on my first 680, after like, a year or more. The 650 was a dud.