1.    #1  
    Hey all,

I thought my Cingular update went quite well (I got the increase in memory that I was expecting), and everything seemed to be going along just fine...

...Until the next morning when my Treo wouldn't wake up initially, then would hang (not respond to any inputs), and then would respond to the inputs on a 20-or-so second delay. The only thing that would end this cycle was a reset.

The Treo would then behave again all day until @ 10:00 in the evening, at which point it was back to no responding/lagging. Again, only a reset would stop the behavior.

I did a hard reset/restore this morning after waking up to the same problems. I go to @ 8:00 this evening before the Treo started to not respond again.

Now, I haven't done the paper-behind-the-SIM trick or anything yet, mainly because this is the ONLY eradic behavior this phone has ever experienced, and it just happened to happen the day after the update. Man, my phone was just fine before. No resets or anything! I'm sorry I messed with it at this point!

Any ideas, folks? What can I do to cure this ill? Am I missing something? Is there something I need to look into that I just haven't yet? I can't take it anymore!

Thanks, folks!

-Kirk
  2.    #2  
    As Def Leppard would say (sing?), "Is there anybody out there?"

Thanks, folks!

-Kirk
    Quote Originally Posted by KMeloney

Thanks, folks!

-Kirk
    I also had this problem after the CNG update. I updated, had some funny resets for the first two days, and then decided to Hard Reset.
    I thought it was going fine, until I got the same freezing that you got. It wouldn't respond for about 30 seconds after pressing a button (which made it look like it wasn't waking up at first). It wasn't due to poor SIM contact either, because I've got the new improved tray. It seemed to happen after hours of inactivity on the phone.
    Since I was on day 28 of my 30 day trial with Cingular, I went straight to the store and had them exchange my unit.
    I haven't even bothered to update my firmware on my replacement, because I'm scared of this happening again.
  4.    #4  
    Hmm... So, are you convinced that it is the update that led to this behavior? Since I was having NO issues whatsoever previously, I can't imagine it's a hardware issue. It appears to be an update issue, I'd say.

Did you mostly trade your phone in on a new one so that you'd be back to the pre-udate software (and not because of any other issues you were experiencing pre-update)?

Thanks!

-Kirk
    Hmm... So, are you convinced that it is the update that led to this behavior? Since I was having NO issues whatsoever previously, I can't imagine it's a hardware issue. It appears to be an update issue, I'd say.

Did you mostly trade your phone in on a new one so that you'd be back to the pre-udate software (and not because of any other issues you were experiencing pre-update)?

Thanks!

-Kirk
    I have a Sprint Treo 650 and my Treo was working fine too with the upates and recently I decided to burn my ROM again and now it hangs for 30 seconds to a minute now. Some times it happens more when there is a network activity. I'm trying to figure out why because I don't want to do a hard reset, but I have a feeling that eventually I will have to. Do you have Chatter installed?

Al
    Kirk,
    I was having no issues on the 1.05FW, as my phone was solid. Not to say that the update didn't work - it just didn't work for me. I got more resets/freezes after the update, the volume didn't improve, and the Dial tones were too damn long. I'm glad it seems to work for the majority of people out there (knock on wood).

I was a pretty happy camper with the original Firmware, but I'm not a real power user. If I could have reflashed to that, I would not have exchanged for a new unit.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    I have a Sprint Treo 650 and my Treo was working fine too with the upates and recently I decided to burn my ROM again and now it hangs for 30 seconds to a minute now. Some times it happens more when there is a network activity. I'm trying to figure out why because I don't want to do a hard reset, but I have a feeling that eventually I will have to. Do you have Chatter installed?

Al
    Nope, no Chatter installed... I'm trying to figure out exactly why (or at least when/because of what) this happens. Like MrCoffee said, it appears to be due to a lack of use that it hangs -- and I don't know if this is due to a certain combo of the phone being on (but not in use), or because it's been on for a certain amount of time (like I had said before, it appeared to be an evening occurance, making me believe it was running out of steam after being used all day, like a computer's memory might get fragmented, but this also can occur in the morning after simply sitting and charging all night).

A soft reset solves the problem, temporarily -- but I'm not willing to deal with this problem.

Anymore ideas on this one, folks?

Thanks!

-Kirk
    I also have had the 30 second hang issue for a while. GSM Cing, I had 1.04 went to the new 1.15 and still had hangs. I went to a Shadowmite custom ROM and still hangs for 30 seconds. From what I've been reading on these boards the only thing that might help is switching my SIM for a newer one but I think I read that it didn't help someone else here... I think it's the PALM OS in general. The resets don't happen much it's the hang...
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by juice
    I also have had the 30 second hang issue for a while. GSM Cing, I had 1.04 went to the new 1.15 and still had hangs. I went to a Shadowmite custom ROM and still hangs for 30 seconds. From what I've been reading on these boards the only thing that might help is switching my SIM for a newer one but I think I read that it didn't help someone else here... I think it's the PALM OS in general. The resets don't happen much it's the hang...
    Right! No reset issues for me... Never had the "my Treo resets 10 times a week" thing or anything. Stable as all heck. But it's this hang that requires ME to reset it. Maybe if it would hang up and then somehow reset itself I'd deal with it. But, this is a pain.

Hopefully someone will have some more insight into this... Looks like a few of us have the issue, that's for sure.

-Kirk
    Exact same thing for me. Took a few days for it to happen but I now have the same problem you describe. I suspect it may be memory related since it didn't happen for the first few days and now I have a fair amount of Snapper mail stored.

Before the upgrade I hardly had any resets or problems at all. So now I am wondering what took Cingular so long to come up with jabv (just another buggy version)....
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

Thanks, folks!

-Kirk
    That would be Pink Floyd.