1.    #1  
    Should I get a Cingular 650 for 550 and get it unlocked or get the unlocked one for 699 to use with tmobile?
    I have unlocked Treo 650 t-mobile, and add $20 for unlimited data service.
    No complain so far. It's a headache-saving suggestion
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Why buy direct from Palm at full price. Plenty of vendors have the GSM unlocked phone for well below retail. Check out Newegg.com and some of the other discount sites. I got my 650 for $525.25, brand new.

John
    Here's a problem for you. I purchased an unlocked gsm phone off ebay. It has the "cingular" brand on the phone. The person I purchased it from must have unlocked it, although the phone was "new". I had the touch screen go bad on it. Palm won't honor the warranty because it was unlocked. They say I have to call cingular. cingular won't help me because I don't have an account with them (i use tmobile). suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxgolfnut
    Here's a problem for you. I purchased an unlocked gsm phone off ebay. It has the "cingular" brand on the phone. The person I purchased it from must have unlocked it, although the phone was "new". I had the touch screen go bad on it. Palm won't honor the warranty because it was unlocked. They say I have to call cingular. cingular won't help me because I don't have an account with them (i use tmobile). suggestions?
    Weep, gnash your teeth and curse the day that you used ebay......

Sorry, couldn't resist, but I'm seeing a lot of people on the forum getting burned on ebay when it comes to Treo's. Even though you are not a Cingular customer, you might try and see if they'll let you "lock-it", then send it to PALM as it's now a locked phone.

Of course once you get it back from warranty, you'll need to become a Cingular customer again for a period of time before they re-unlock it.

Good luck!