1.    #1  
    Ive been using ringo pro 4.29 (the newest one, since I just bought it two or three days ago) and it has been great.

So yesterday afternoon I opened ringo, set up a new ringtone and it worked fine. After that I installed KeySuite for outlook synchronization etc, noviiremote and village sim. Those three pieces of software.

All throughout today the ringtone worked fine and I had no problems. Later in the day I tried to click on the ringo icon in zlauncher, as soon as I click on it, the treo reboots.... I try it again 2 or 3 more times, and each time the treo reboots. I tried it in the regular palm launcher... same problem. Funny thing is, when I try to do the sysem crash log command in the phone program, it comes up telling me the crash was related to Zlauncher... yet ringo and zlauncher ran perfectly fine for 3 or 4 days already. So Im 99 percent sure its either keysuite, pocket village, or noviiremote.

The thing is, I uninstalled noviiremote yesterday, (hopefully completely) because I honestly realized that I had no use for it. It was the demo version.

So that leaves me with pocket village, and key suite. Since pocket village doesnt reside in memory, I imagine that can be strucken out... leaving us with Chapura KeySuite.

So... finally bringing me to my actual question.... could keysuite be causing this? Keysuite has its own PDA apps that take the place of the palm apps. I imagine that since ringo is tied to the contacts app on palm, and im not using keycontacts.. maybe thats causing some short of crash? I tried reinstalling and right after the installation hotsync the palm rebooted... so reinstallation didnt help.

I really want to avoid uninstall keysuite as I really need it for work, and I kind of do like ringo... so is there any solution for this? Can it be caused by something else? Can Zlauncher all of a sudden start causing this?

If there is no alternative, I need to keep KeySuite... so is there a ringo alternative?
  2.    #2  
    Well i hard reset and installed ringo and nothing else... still no go

It worked fine the first few days... why isnt it working anymore? Even after a hard reset... so bizzare. Newest version too...
    I had been using the most recent version of ringo, for a week or so, and i just recieved my palm BT headset. After that everytime i hung up the phone, with the headset or the end button, the phone would reset. ##377# revealed that ringo was the app with the fatal exception. After uninstalling ringo, I had no problems, I then reinstalled v4.29 and did not upgrade it, as I do not care about the pictures, the phone is usually in its holster when i answer it. I have since had no issues, I will give it a few days though, and re-post if there are any problems. I was willing ti live without the ringo if need be, it is not that important, I just wish for the 600 dollar price tag that the phone would do it out of the box, not to mention voicedialing, which even the cheapest samsung available for sprint has.
    go tou your phone app and type in ##377# (#*377# for GSM i believe, could be wrong though) immediately after reset, this will tell you whic program has caused the error.
  5.    #5  
    treojeremy, it says zlauncher... but I forgot to do it last time when I didnt have zlauncher installed. Its definatly ringo
    Third party apps, like people with different personalities cannot always co-exist in the same environment. I suppose that it is unfortunate for us, the owners of one of the most expensive wireless toys in existence. A solition may be available from motionapps. They offer a program called mRing, I am not sure how stable it is, I am still giving Ringo the benefit of the doubt, as I ran it in my treo 300 for almost two years without a single problem, well at least not related to Ringo.
    Mine is doing it, too. It only happens with calls where I set-up an individual ring tone for that caller. And it only happens from incoming calls from those people when I hang-up.

Michael
    What version of ringo are you using?, i am running 4.29 and although it does not have all of the features of the latest release, it does not have that problem. I tried runnign the new version after performing a zero out reset, with no other apps on the phone, and the problem still existed, so i can say that it is solely caused by ringo. Im guessing this is a new release, and the problem will be corrected. In order for them to expidite the process, they require input from the phones. whenever ringo causes a reset, as soon as the phone reboots, open ringo and choose about ringo from the drop-down menu. In the lower right corner oe the about window there is a box that says "trace", select this box and allow your phone to sent the ingo to electricpocket. This vital crash info will tell them what has gone wrong and will help them fix the bugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by treojeremy
    What version of ringo are you using?, i am running 4.29 and although it does not have all of the features of the latest release, it does not have that problem. I tried runnign the new version after performing a zero out reset, with no other apps on the phone, and the problem still existed, so i can say that it is solely caused by ringo. Im guessing this is a new release, and the problem will be corrected. In order for them to expidite the process, they require input from the phones. whenever ringo causes a reset, as soon as the phone reboots, open ringo and choose about ringo from the drop-down menu. In the lower right corner oe the about window there is a box that says "trace", select this box and allow your phone to sent the ingo to electricpocket. This vital crash info will tell them what has gone wrong and will help them fix the bugs.
    I just downloaded it about a week ago, or so. When I select "About" in the Ringo application, it says Ringo V4.393.

The next time it crashes and does that, I will be sure to select "trace" and allow the phone to send the info so that the bug may be worked out. It's quite frustrating.

Michael
    I had that same problem. Finally after hearing nothing from the Ringo Pro people I just went back to version 4.37. So far it seems to work ok but I get that residual ringing after I hang up for a few seconds. That is so annoying. The newer version either caused my phone to freeze when I got a text message or caused the reset that you are describing!
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Well I have managed to go the rest of the week without a single reset, so the new version of ringo was definitely my problem..just wanted to give an update
    I have had a problem with Ringo along with EPSpeak (but the ringo portion was causing it becaus eit happened after removing EPSpeak) where it would change all the default ringtones in preferences to thje 1st one on my list, turn the service tone on and set the volume of ring defuaulkt from 7 to 3 or 4.

It was happening with the latest ringo version. Plus I had many crashes dexcribed here.

Although I REALLY liked the EPSpeak function (when it worked.. sometimers it just didnt), this was happeninbg ALL the time.

I installed my last version qwhich is 4.30 whixh was working perfectly before, and things are working perfectly again.

The ringo people have not answered my emails about the resetting ringer defulat issue.

I am attatching the prc for it (works good).

Mike
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Can someone please give me the version that does not conflict with my phone cutting off after i get off the bluetooth..with the people i made the custom ringers...its driving me krazy or where can I get the last version from..
    Can someone attach ringo pro 4.29 because the other versions won't work anymore..and from what yall have said they don't respond to emails..so please could someone upload it for me..This is very disturbing my phone crashing. Thank you in advance
    I use MP3 Ringer since my entire music collection is in WMA and Ringo doesn't seem capable of playing them, even though I have PTunes Deluxe.

It does allow you to select individual ringtones by person or group and even allows you to set a sound for when the SD card is ejected.

I also use Zlauncher and it has been fairly stable for me. Maybe you could try for a couple weeks and see if it works for you.

HTH
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com