Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. BenJoeM's Avatar
    Posts
    786 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
       #1  
    Ok,

    I have done tones of searches and have yet to find a solution to my problem.

    Blazer won't download files, everytime I do it wants to download a .php file. For example if I download an attachment from TreoCentral it comes through as attachment.php instead of the given file.

    I went to download chatter with my phone I got the same problem.

    So I first switched over to Xiino but isn't working either. Next I warm reset and soft reset, cleared all the files, caches, etc.

    Then I did a TreoCentral Search got RescoExplorer and found the following:

    there is no association set for php files. So I set it for the Web, still nothing!

    What steps am I missing.
  2. #2  
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...php#post474506

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...php#post491590


    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I had that problem too. You can save it to your card and then move it. If you don't have a file utility you can get it and many other apps in prc format at mytreo.net in their download section.
  3. BenJoeM's Avatar
    Posts
    786 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
       #3  

    Yah well thanks since I told you had done a search and tried everything it said.

    I have tried moving the files it isn't working everytime, second of all why should I have to move the dang things it worked before, I paid $700 bucks for this phone it better work.

    I need solutions not points to threads I already tried
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by BenJoeM
    Yah well thanks since I told you had done a search and tried everything it said.

    I have tried moving the files it isn't working everytime, second of all why should I have to move the dang things it worked before, I paid $700 bucks for this phone it better work.

    I need solutions not points to threads I already tried
    you're welcome

    some people!!! you're dammed if you do...dammed if you don't helping folks around here.

    Just pointing you to a post I had that did help a few people with half a brain.

    Next time when you say you've searched, tell us what you found and what didn't work...

    You said you tried everthing it said, I didn't read your mention of my solution.

    you're on your own chump
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by BenJoeM
    Yah well thanks since I told you had done a search and tried everything it said.

    I have tried moving the files it isn't working everytime, second of all why should I have to move the dang things it worked before, I paid $700 bucks for this phone it better work.

    I need solutions not points to threads I already tried
    http://www.treo650update.com/
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  6. BenJoeM's Avatar
    Posts
    786 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    you're welcome

    some people!!! you're dammed if you do...dammed if you don't helping folks around here.

    Just pointing you to a post I had that did help a few people with half a brain.

    Next time when you say you've searched, tell us what you found and what didn't work...

    You said you tried everthing it said, I didn't read your mention of my solution.

    you're on your own chump

    You are right, I am sorry, I was out of line, just frustration from the thing not working and I have been searching for days now for an answer out of fear of posting a stupid post. I am sorry for not being more considerate.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by BenJoeM
    You are right, I am sorry, I was out of line, just frustration from the thing not working and I have been searching for days now for an answer out of fear of posting a stupid post. I am sorry for not being more considerate.
    thanks...accepted

    I know it's a pain but I have the same issue with blazer and the TC mobile site. I save the sile to me SD card and rename it, then copy back to ram. Works great and only takes a sec.

    It saves as attachment.php but is really the correct .prc that you are downloading
  8. #8  
    I believe Resco Explorer has an Associations Editor. I haven't tried this myself, but you may be able to solve the problem by installing Resco and using that editor to explicitly associate php files with Blazer.
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  9. BenJoeM's Avatar
    Posts
    786 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
       #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    I believe Resco Explorer has an Associations Editor. I haven't tried this myself, but you may be able to solve the problem by installing Resco and using that editor to explicitly associate php files with Blazer.
    Thanks Bill,

    I downloaded the Resco Explorer but couldn't find an association for .php I did find the associations for everything else but not for .php infact php wasn't even on the list. So I added it with the association being the WEB(Blazer). Still nothing.
  10. #10  
    did you try my work around?
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by BenJoeM
    Thanks Bill,

    I downloaded the Resco Explorer but couldn't find an association for .php I did find the associations for everything else but not for .php infact php wasn't even on the list. So I added it with the association being the WEB(Blazer). Still nothing.
    Hmmm...I've just seen that others have reported success with this method. Too bad.
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  12. BenJoeM's Avatar
    Posts
    786 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
       #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    did you try my work around?
    Yah, it works on a couple but not every time,

    I also read about other work arounds as using the file manager in zlauncher to rename the file but when it is a zip file it handzipper won't open it automatically like it does with a the web. The prc files did fine. I tried re-emailing the files to me and it would work occasionally in Chatter but not in versamail or snapper.

    Resco Explorer is great, but I am not sure what to look for, I can't find any other programs that are associated to .php files
  13. #13  
    do you have this problem with any other site than TC?

    Does anyone know why blazer sees TC attachments as php file?
  14. BenJoeM's Avatar
    Posts
    786 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
       #14  
    I tried to download from Chatteremail.com last night and had the same problem
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by BenJoeM
    I tried to download from Chatteremail.com last night and had the same problem
    odd...did you use the mobile download link?

    I think that happend to me there once with the regular link.
  16. BenJoeM's Avatar
    Posts
    786 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
       #16  
    Yah did, i just tried a couple other sites and I am getting the same thing
  17. #17  
    Sorry, I didn't read your initial post closely enough. I thought this was about web php pages in general, not just trying to download files from TC; I think this is more of a TC-generated problem instead of a Blazer bug.

    Yeah, I just download to the card and rename; haven't had a problem yet with that method.
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  18. BenJoeM's Avatar
    Posts
    786 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
       #18  
    What about with archived files like zip how do you get Handzipper to open them
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by BenJoeM
    What about with archived files like zip how do you get Handzipper to open them
    I download "attachment.php" to the card, start up Launcher X's file manager, rename that file to "whatever.zip", then tap on the file and choose "Open" from the pop up menu.
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>

Posting Permissions