Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi Shimon,

Again, my congratulations on a wonderful product from a registered and happy user. I had one feature request.

How about a week view similar to Datebook5? That would be absoultely wonderful.

Also is there a way to adjust font size other than default or very small. It seems something in between the two would be perfect. Similar to how Versamail allows for several font sizes.

Thanks again.
    Tony Ricciardi
    Owner
    www.MacSupport.com
    I would second the font size of something in the middle. The small font is way too small for me but I would like something smaller than the larger one. Just a suggestion.
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyricciardi
    How about a week view similar to Datebook5? That would be absoultely wonderful.
    I would definitely love to see this.

I loved this on the 600, and just upgraded to the 650 this weekend. I definitely miss that view (as 2day and the week view were the only two i really used), but I don't want to install the enormous DateBk5, even though I'd already paid for it a few years ago.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Will be interesting to see if he does this. Just today he responded to a request about putting a feature in 2day that already exists in Butler. Below is his quote...Could be the same circumstance as Datebk5 already supports this, plus the fact that you can purchase Weekview as a separate app.

"So - when there is a GOOD application existing that does a task, and does it good, and is very popular (plus the author is a good friend), and the task is (a bit) off the main path of 2day - why compete with it?"
    Primarily because Shimon does a great job with his software (as does CE Steward Dewars), but DateBk5 is simply far too big and I don't want/need 98% of it's features.

That, and weekview is $15. I'd love to see this in 2Day, and would even pay for an upgrade, but understand if Shimon doesn't want to tackle this for whatever reason.
    He could increase the size of the "High Res" fonts. I'd like that.

I already use Datebk5.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by dwman
    ...and the task is (a bit) off the main path of 2day...
    True there are similarities in requests, but I hope you'll agree a weekview is more within the 2day scope...

Weekview has been on my list for a long long time, but it is a time consuming task to develop, and I am not sure when (if?) I will get to it.

Regarding the fonts - may do it sometime, too.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    True there are similarities in requests, but I hope you'll agree a weekview is more within the 2day scope...

Weekview has been on my list for a long long time, but it is a time consuming task to develop, and I am not sure when (if?) I will get to it.

Regarding the fonts - may do it sometime, too.
    Absolutely it's within the scope; that's what I love about it. As someone who uses 2day in conjunction w/Db5, I like the fact that they compliment each other as opposed to trying to match features. Both great programs for their respective uses.
    There was a program I used on the 600 called ksdatebook (which was free) that showed a monthly view with small fonts that was so perfect for a quick view to see what I had for the month so far. The program crashed on the 650 and I haven't found anything (certainly not anything in that price range) that has the same. That would be soooooo perfect!
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    There was a program I used on the 600 called ksdatebook (which was free) that showed a monthly view with small fonts that was so perfect for a quick view to see what I had for the month so far. The program crashed on the 650 and I haven't found anything (certainly not anything in that price range) that has the same. That would be soooooo perfect!
    It was updated for the Treo 650. Available @ MTDN
    Which week view are we talking about? The one with the bars or more like the 5-7 day matrix? http://tech.hernandez5.net/html/week.html
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
    It's not free but I consider MonthPlanner indispensable for quick snapshot of my month and EASY edits, additions or rescheduling. Most updated version is on Palmgear at http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...1&prodID=52120
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeantownTreo600
    It's not free but I consider MonthPlanner indispensable for quick snapshot of my month and EASY edits, additions or rescheduling. Most updated version is on Palmgear at http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...1&prodID=52120
    From the screenshot, it doesn't appear to do what I wanted. Does it have the wording in small fonts so you can actually read your entries for each day of the month? It looks like it just has colored bars for the entries.
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki
    It was updated for the Treo 650. Available @ MTDN
    Have you tried it on the 650? The reviews on that page seem to be written after the "update" and complain that it crashes their Treos.
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    From the screenshot, it doesn't appear to do what I wanted. Does it have the wording in small fonts so you can actually read your entries for each day of the month? It looks like it just has colored bars for the entries.
    Sorry. Didn't know you wanted to read each of your events and to-dos for each day in the monthview. Thought you wanted an overall picture of what the month looked like. This app won't work for you in this case.
    DWMAN, how do you use 2Day w/Datebk5? I see how they work with each other, but what benefits do you get out of having both?

Thanks,
    Brian
    Just checking back to see if there was any development with a week view (next 7 days) for 2day. I'm trying to use 2day in conjunction with Agendus but 2day limits me to only using one of agendus' views along with 2day. Having a next 7 days view in 2day would obviate some of the need of having more views working with agendus.
  18.    #18  
    This is the one killer feature that I think is still lacking in 2day. I personally would find that much more useful than, say more plug-in development. A week view is something I've missed since using 2day.
    Tony Ricciardi
    Owner
    www.MacSupport.com
    Since this was brought back up, I'll go ahead and re-iterate my desire for this as well.

I've done without since upgrading to the 650, but I really miss this feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    Just checking back to see if there was any development with a week view (next 7 days) for 2day. I'm trying to use 2day in conjunction with Agendus but 2day limits me to only using one of agendus' views along with 2day. Having a next 7 days view in 2day would obviate some of the need of having more views working with agendus.
    Hi,

You should be able to loop through several views of Agendus setting it up in 2day's "Operation" preferences page.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast