1.    #1  
    I've had the same Treo 650 for about 6 months now, and periodically I have experienced a major problem with the phone feature shutting itself off. When I try to turn the phone feature back on (by dialing voicemail, or using the web browser), it says "Network Search..." and about 7-8 seconds later it makes a sound and the entire device resets. This can go on for hours on end, and obviously I can't make or receive calls if I can't connect to the Cingular network.

I always take out the battery and SIM card as first steps, but that doesn't seem to solve the issue most times. Sometimes the situation seems to resolve itself after a few hours (I don't how or why, but it just starts working again), sometimes I need to do a hard reset of the Treo 650 to get be able to connect to the Cingular network once again.

I've done the recent Cingular firmware upgrade and everything else I can think of, but this keeps reoccurring and it's getting old fast. Any ideas on why this happening, or how to correct this annoying behavior? I called Cingular tech support but they were not of much help. They tried to send some kind of "reset" or "clear", but I don't know how that's going to get to the phone if I can't connect it to the network! Right now I've got the thing back "online" after yet another hard reset, and the voicemail icon is showing new voicemail, but I don't have any new voicemail when I check it. Very frustrating.

By the way, I run very few third party apps...Snappermail and Ringo are about it. I've deleted those apps when these problems arise, but that doesn't help any.

Thanks for any tips.
    Get it replaced.
    1 | 2
  3.    #3  
    OK...that's one option I had considered. just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything obvious. thanks.
    Definitely sounds defective to me.
    1 | 2