1.    #1  
    can anyone help? i have a cingular branded 650 that i'd like to be able to read and write chinese on any suggestions? anyone know if there is a chinese firmware that i can use? or any specfic software i can get?

thanks.
    CJKOS

ChOS

Palm Dragon

There are tons of options. I use CJKOS.
    CJKOS V4.62.1 Works.
    I've tried CHOS and it does not work on my Treo650
    For Handhanding input use PenPower2.0P
    Treo 650s sold in Asia come with a CJKOS/PenPower CD. Works fine.
    My vote goes to CJKOS V4.62.1 ~
    The CJKOS on the CD come with Asian Treo650 is version 4.62
    V4.62.1 has better 5-way bottun support over v4.62

So I suggest you to use V4.62.1
    Need a holidaysuggestion, plus a solution: go to Hong Kong and replace you current Treo for the Chinese version that just came out.
    Quote Originally Posted by chompx2
    CJKOS V4.62.1 Works.
    I've tried CHOS and it does not work on my Treo650
    For Handhanding input use PenPower2.0P
    Hi, I'm a newbie to Palm OS and I just got my Treo yesterday. I was told by the M1 staffs that it enables CHinese. The ROM has installation options written in CHinese but that was all there is...When I tried to access to my chinese sms and chinese contacts or even chinese "docs to go", all i got was ?? ??? ??? ...

I downloaded and installed the trial version of CJKOS V4.62.1 but all it does was to provide a localized overlay... it does not enable me to read my sms...

Would you help to advise the steps which I can enable Chinese on my set and where can I download PenPower 2...

Sincere appreciation !

Very Lost
    better go to hongkong have a little vacation and buy the chinese-version of the treo 650
    The weather in Richmond, B.C. is

The weather in MY Place is

For Car and Pictures Enthusiast!
    http://www.ngkhai.net/cars
    http://www.ngkhai.net/cebupics
    Quote Originally Posted by joequah
    Hi, I'm a newbie to Palm OS and I just got my Treo yesterday. I was told by the M1 staffs that it enables CHinese. The ROM has installation options written in CHinese but that was all there is...When I tried to access to my chinese sms and chinese contacts or even chinese "docs to go", all i got was ?? ??? ??? ...

I downloaded and installed the trial version of CJKOS V4.62.1 but all it does was to provide a localized overlay... it does not enable me to read my sms...

Would you help to advise the steps which I can enable Chinese on my set and where can I download PenPower 2...

Sincere appreciation !

Very Lost
    If you have a Chinese installation option but installed in English you need to go into preferences and CJKOS where there is a check box to enable CJKOS. You also set various other options here as well.

Because you have a Chinese option I am assuming you have the Asian version of the ROM. If not you can search around and find the Chinese ROM/firmware and install that which has CJKOS and PenPower for handwriting Chinese right in the ROM. With the western multi-language versions you can install CJKOS and PenPower as suggested above.
    Quote Originally Posted by jgm
    If you have a Chinese installation option but installed in English you need to go into preferences and CJKOS where there is a check box to enable CJKOS. You also set various other options here as well.

Because you have a Chinese option I am assuming you have the Asian version of the ROM. If not you can search around and find the Chinese ROM/firmware and install that which has CJKOS and PenPower for handwriting Chinese right in the ROM. With the western multi-language versions you can install CJKOS and PenPower as suggested above.
    Hi, many thanks for the advice.. Indeed, mine's the Asian version which comes with CJKOS and PenPower. Now I can happily write in Chinese but I'm still having problems reading SMS in Chinese.. Perhaps I'll just play around with the check boxes and hopefully get a correct interface to display my Chinese SMSes...

Really appreciative of your advice.. May 2006 be a prosperous and fruitful year for you !
    Hi, many thanks for the advice.. Indeed, mine's the Asian version which comes with CJKOS and PenPower. Now I can happily write in Chinese but I'm still having problems reading SMS in Chinese.. Perhaps I'll just play around with the check boxes and hopefully get a correct interface to display my Chinese SMSes...

Really appreciative of your advice.. May 2006 be a prosperous and fruitful year for you !
    Make sure in CJKOs that you have it set for GB or GBK and not Big5. I have no problem with mine and I am running the Chinese version. I ran it standard and then with a custom ROM and no problem with SMS.
    Make sure in CJKOs that you have it set for GB or GBK and not Big5. I have no problem with mine and I am running the Chinese version. I ran it standard and then with a custom ROM and no problem with SMS.
    Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. I just tried to send an sms to the Treo using another mobile phone. No problem at all. Apparently, only those Chinese sms stored in my SIM card that were brought over from my previous O2 mini are problematic, it seems like those newly received ones work perfectly fine.

Strange huh..
    joequah, your English is good enough that I am guessing you might be a student of the Chinese language. If so, you should have a look at http://www.pleco.com. If you are not a student and are equally proficient in both languages then I am jealous and hate you but of course am still willing help if I can.
    If you are not a student and are equally proficient in both languages then I am jealous and hate you but of course am still willing help if I can.
    Don't hate us because we are bilingual
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome
    Don't hate us because we are bilingual
    Of course I am going to hate you. The only other choice is to hate myself for my lack of ability and I don't want to do that.
    joequah, your English is good enough that I am guessing you might be a student of the Chinese language. If so, you should have a look at http://www.pleco.com. If you are not a student and are equally proficient in both languages then I am jealous and hate you but of course am still willing help if I can.

Hi, many thanks for the compliment (I'll safely assume that it's a compliment, hee hee)..

Well, I wouldn't deem myself proficient in both languages but enough to help me in my work, espcially when dealing with customers from various parts of the world... Nonetheless, thank you for directing me to the website....

Sincerely appreciative of your advices.. They're indeed helpful and have helped me alot.. Please do not hate me and stay willing to help... LoL...

Cheers !
    Hi, many thanks for the compliment (I'll safely assume that it's a compliment, hee hee)..

Well, I wouldn't deem myself proficient in both languages but enough to help me in my work, espcially when dealing with customers from various parts of the world... Nonetheless, thank you for directing me to the website....

Sincerely appreciative of your advices.. They're indeed helpful and have helped me alot.. Please do not hate me and stay willing to help... LoL...

Cheers !
    Don't worry. I figure I will be fluent in Chinese in about 30 years or so at which time I will stop hating you. Also, have received far too much help to not offer help whenever I can.