Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Roameo
    Emair,

I was able to purchase the Cleese voice and downloaded it to my desktop and loaded it the same way I successfully loaded several other non-premium voices. It shows up as "Special 37" as a female, no picture of John Cleese for some reason and the voice doesn't work. How did you install yours? I'm going to be mad if I just wasted $12 on nothing.
    Fear not. I had the same issue (and same initial anger!). Create a folder at the root directory of the SD card called VOICES. Put the VIF, BMP, and CHK files there. Apparently, the built-in voices can exist in the TOMTOM folder, but purchased ones need to go in VOICES. I figured this out reading the online docs for the <shudder> PocketPC version.

TOMTOM!!! Time to write better documentation!!!!
    --
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm V - Sprint Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Pre - 2.1.0 Pre w/ Uberkernel
    Sinclair 1000 - Apple ][+ - C64 - Apple //e - PowerBook 100 - Mac SE - Dell PC - Acer AspireOne - 11" MacBook Air
    Are you guys able to successfully test the Cleese voice from within TT5? I can get it loaded in a "Voices" folder on the SD card and it will show up in the Select Voice menu. I am able to select the cleese voice but the 650 resets every time I try to test the voice to hear it. Odd...
    Emair,

Thanks for the response. Your solution worked perfectly and I completely agree that TomTom's biggest weakness is their lack of support and documentation!

Cmas,

Yeah, I had the same reset when testing the Cleese voice. For some reason it appears the downloaded voices can't do a test. Just select it and when you run your route like normal the voice will work just fine.
    My Treo's Stats:
    650 Unlocked/Unbranded GSM <br>1.71 Firmware w/ 1.20 ENA
    Carrier: Cingular
    Current BT Headset: Treo Wireless
    GPS: TomTom5 + BT338
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cmascatello
    Are you guys able to successfully test the Cleese voice from within TT5? I can get it loaded in a "Voices" folder on the SD card and it will show up in the Select Voice menu. I am able to select the cleese voice but the 650 resets every time I try to test the voice to hear it. Odd...

I had the same problem with the Cleese voice as well when trying to test. Treo kept on resetting. Just select Cleese voice and do not test. It will work fine after that. I was able to listen to him all day today while driving

Good luck.
    I was disappointed that one the major highway extensions that took place TWO YEARS AGO was not updated on the map.
    How is the sound quality of John Cleese voice for TomTom 5? Is it as clear as the ones built-in?

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    How is the sound quality of John Cleese voice for TomTom 5? Is it as clear as the ones built-in?

Al
    Yes. Very clear. I chuckle every time he says to get on the 'motorway'.
    --
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm V - Sprint Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Pre - 2.1.0 Pre w/ Uberkernel
    Sinclair 1000 - Apple ][+ - C64 - Apple //e - PowerBook 100 - Mac SE - Dell PC - Acer AspireOne - 11" MacBook Air
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123