1.    #1  
    I use a wired headset with my Treo ~95% of the time. The headset is not, however, always in my ear when it is plugged into the Treo. This is especially true when I'm home and the headset is used for phone calls 100% of the time (my bedroom has very, very poor signal so my mobility is greatly reduced when using the phone - a headset allows me to keep the phone in one spot and still talk). Unfortunately, every mp3 ringtone player I've tried plays them through the headset when it's plugged in, which makes it pretty useless for my purposes most of the time.

What I'm looking for is some way to do one of the following:

1. Force ringtones through the speaker, even when the headset is plugged in.

2. Standard ringtones automatically play when the headset is plugged in.

3. Easily (ie, single option or button) switch between using mp3 ringtones and standard ringtones if I have to do it manually. I keep forgetting to turn on standard ringtones when I disable the mp3 tones and I miss countless calls because of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paidhima
    I use a wired headset with my Treo ~95% of the time. The headset is not, however, always in my ear when it is plugged into the Treo. This is especially true when I'm home and the headset is used for phone calls 100% of the time (my bedroom has very, very poor signal so my mobility is greatly reduced when using the phone - a headset allows me to keep the phone in one spot and still talk). Unfortunately, every mp3 ringtone player I've tried plays them through the headset when it's plugged in, which makes it pretty useless for my purposes most of the time.

What I'm looking for is some way to do one of the following:

1. Force ringtones through the speaker, even when the headset is plugged in.

2. Standard ringtones automatically play when the headset is plugged in.

3. Easily (ie, single option or button) switch between using mp3 ringtones and standard ringtones if I have to do it manually. I keep forgetting to turn on standard ringtones when I disable the mp3 tones and I miss countless calls because of it.
    Get Freedom at www.toysoft.ca you can set the number of seconds before Freedom rings thru the speaker if not answered. You can also set to auto answer x number of seconds too.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  3.    #3  
    I downloaded Freedom, but for some reason it only seems to work part of the time. For example, if I set it to ring through the MIC Speaker, it works fine. But after the first call I get, it automatically resets it to Headset. Is that a limitation of the trial mode?
    I downloaded Freedom, but for some reason it only seems to work part of the time. For example, if I set it to ring through the MIC Speaker, it works fine. But after the first call I get, it automatically resets it to Headset. Is that a limitation of the trial mode?
    you have a Treo650? send email to support@toysoft.ca for a new beta.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Ever consider a bluetooth headset?
    HTC Touch Pro
    doesn't having the top switch set to sounds on default to the back speaker ? it does with the palm hybrid headset..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
  7.    #7  
    I do have a 650, ya. I'll email for the new beta. I do have a bluetooth headset (BT800), but it's hard for me to use since it's so uncomfortable and rather susceptible to interference. I've tried the Ericsson (HBH600?) briefly, but for some reason the earpiece does not seem to match up with my ear canal very readily. I'm considering the Scala-500 or the Motorola. To me, reliability and sound quality are much more important than a wireless configuration, and the headsets I've tried just don't match the performance of wires.

I have the top switch set to on, and the mp3s do indeed play through the headset whenever I have it plugged in.
    I do have a 650, ya. I'll email for the new beta. I do have a bluetooth headset (BT800), but it's hard for me to use since it's so uncomfortable and rather susceptible to interference. I've tried the Ericsson (HBH600?) briefly, but for some reason the earpiece does not seem to match up with my ear canal very readily. I'm considering the Scala-500 or the Motorola. To me, reliability and sound quality are much more important than a wireless configuration, and the headsets I've tried just don't match the performance of wires.

I have the top switch set to on, and the mp3s do indeed play through the headset whenever I have it plugged in.
    I've been using the scala for about 2 months now and it is very comfortble and easy on the ear. the ear loop is bendable so you can adjust it to your liking..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    Classic...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."